mp4/m4a support for AM?

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Postby Mystery » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:36 pm

Well, as I mentioned earlier, just open each .htm page with your browser and see which one it is...
For adding just sounds, you don't need to hunt through the source code of each page.
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Sunny Day » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:24 pm

Just tested this, it works :) , but when one goes to a new page, the sound does not switch off, it keeps going :( .

In my original AM project, when pressing a hotspot to go to a new page, the hotspot says to switch off the sound on that page, so the hotspot link is saying, switch off the sound you are playing, and go to this page. This way each page had its own sound.

How can we do this? Of course I put this into mt AM project, but of course it does not show in the exported export to html option, now we have just put in a background sound, and it works, but I want to switch off these backgound sounds when I go to a new page, as each page has its own looping sounds. If we dont switch off the old sounds we have the old and new sounds all playing. What can we do?
Sunny Day

Postby Mystery » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:35 pm

I don't think that with the mentioned method it's possible to stop the sound, this is why you should use short sounds.

There might be other codes to add, play and stop sounds, but I haven't tried anything like this yet.
Mystery

Postby Sunny Day » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:47 pm

Well if I cant stop the sounds, then I cant use it. This is for an iphone 'native' app that is all about sounds, this will be wrapped and will go in the apple store, well it will if it can stop the sounds. If the sounds cannot be stopped then its totally useless as an app.

AM is a propper battle for iphone, the premise is that you can make an iphone app, only you find out you cant, it makes web apps, so you hire a programmer to make a wrapper, right that should do it, that can get it in the store, right lets go, ohh hold on, no sound, WTH, ohh right, hand code it in, right that works, ohh wait, cant turn them off. Man what a battle, its such a tiny thing, what is it with AM. It is so frustrating.
Sunny Day

Postby Mystery » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:55 pm

Well, if you read the description here, you might know what this feature is, and what you can and cannot do...
http://www.adventuremaker.com/help/phone.htm
Mystery

Postby Sunny Day » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:08 pm

Its a bit late for that now, Ive got two apps to wrap.

Ive already looked at SiteSpinner pro, and I am looking at what I can do, though Id sooner not dump AM, because if it can be manipulated then you can get some use out of it. Plus if I have to dump AM, I have to compleatly re make the programs again.

If I can get some functionality out of AM, then I can use it for certain iphone apps, by using my wrapper. But we run into small problems, like we witness here.
Sunny Day

Postby Mystery » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:19 am

Well, I think the biggest problem is that adding sound is very much browser dependent. Whereas some code works for IE, it doesn't work for others. Or some codes work for IE and FF, but not for others etc.

I guess you should talk to your programmer to see if any code for sounds can be wrapped with the wrapper he created.
Mystery

Previous

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion