Graphical Puzzle

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Postby reneuend » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:28 pm

Can you zip your project and upload it where we can download and look at it for you?
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Dalton » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:42 pm

I?d love to, but i intend to use in the next AM contest... :lol:

reneuend wrote:Can you zip your project and upload it where we can download and look at it for you?
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:47 pm

I promise I only want to fix your issue! :wink:

If you want to keep it private, you can upload it and PM only the people on this with the thread that are trying to help. :)

If not, I completely understand.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Dalton » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:53 pm

Well, if the administrator agree with this, i?ll send to you. ;)

reneuend wrote:I promise I only want to fix your issue! :wink:

If you want to keep it private, you can upload it and PM only the people on this with the thread that are trying to help. :)

If not, I completely understand.
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby Mystery » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:55 pm

I don't think this is a problem :)
It's not that somebody else is making your game, it's just for fixing a problem :)
So feel free to share your game with reneuend, and see if he can fix this problem.
Last edited by Mystery on Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Dalton » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:08 am

Ok, so i?ll organize the game, because the complex part is separated from the simple part, and tomorow i?ll send to reneuend :D

Mystery wrote:I don't think this is a problem :)
It's not that somebody else is making your game, it's just for fixing a problem :)
So feel free to share your game with reneuend, and see if he can fix the problem.
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby Mystery » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:14 am

Make sure that you don't send a compiled version but your project folder :)
Mystery

Postby mercedes » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:32 am

When u name your icon...It has to be the EXACT name u name it.--don't include .ico
They are named exactly as shown in the manage inventory items..:D

Also make sure they are in the Hotpsots Graphics folder, not just the Areas folder..
It looked to me that u were showing us a picture of your Areas folder not Hotspots graphics folder..?

To ensure that your icon works;
Create a hotspot on any frame;
Under the General TAB--where it says Picture--Import the icon
Under the General TAB --where it says Cursor--Import the icon--
Under the Inventory TAB-- import it there as well~
You should see your icon when u import as a cursor, and under Inventorytab.
Hit Ok..
Test the frame

If all goes well, go try the other frame again..:)
If not, then its your icon..[You should get an error, when importing or testing.]

Btw...
If u upload your game to a hosting site..
Noone will see that but who u give the link too..Someone has to have to have the download link..:)

So feel free to send anyone the link u want...in a pm..
Therefore u are only sharing it with that person..;)
Here are two examples of places u can upload the file too..~

Zshare
MediaFire
mercedes
VIP

Postby 3dgamer » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:01 am

Dalton wrote:Well, there?s the ico files and the jpg...

Hmmm, I am seeing something a bit odd in your screenshot, Dalton. Look at your "pe de cabra2.ico" ICO file (the last one in your list). It's file size is 51kB...it is so much larger in size than the other ICO files. Perhaps Irfanview did not covert it properly the first time after all and it still retaining its BMP ICO format properties? Perhaps converting it again with Irfanview to a ICO file may help?

Anyway, just a thought. I hope you get your problem solved soon...it sounds like a cool game. :)

Cya!

-----------[EDIT]---------------------

Dalton wrote:Ok, so i?ll organize the game, because the complex part is separated from the simple part, and tomorow i?ll send to reneuend :D

So feel free to share your game with reneuend, and see if he can fix the problem.

Dalton, Reneuend is one cool dude...you can trust him...believe me...with all the Megabytes (probably more like Gigabytes!) we swapped back and forth to one another in the last several weeks...trust me, you don't have to worry! :) Here's definitely there to help you out! :)

CYA!
3DGamer
3dgamer
Expert Member

Postby Dalton » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:10 am

I trust reneuend :D . I was just worried because I really intend to use this game in the next AD contest and I do?nt wanted to do nothing wrong :D
By the way, the pe de cabra.ico is something i?m not using on this game, i?m testing because it was too tinny to use on the scenarios. :D
About the game, i?m still organizing the files and folders. But tomorrow i think it will be ready :D

3dgamer wrote:
Dalton wrote:Well, there?s the ico files and the jpg...

Hmmm, I am seeing something a bit odd in your screenshot, Dalton. Look at your "pe de cabra2.ico" ICO file (the last one in your list). It's file size is 51kB...it is so much larger in size than the other ICO files. Perhaps Irfanview did not covert it properly the first time after all and it still retaining its BMP ICO format properties? Perhaps converting it again with Irfanview to a ICO file may help?

Anyway, just a thought. I hope you get your problem solved soon...it sounds like a cool game. :)

Cya!

-----------[EDIT]---------------------

Dalton wrote:Ok, so i?ll organize the game, because the complex part is separated from the simple part, and tomorow i?ll send to reneuend :D

Dalton, Reneuend is one cool dude...you can trust him...believe me...with all the Megabytes (probably more like Gigabytes!) we swapped back and forth to one another in the last several weeks...trust me, you don't have to worry! :) Here's definitely there to help you out! :)

CYA!
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby mercedes » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:56 am

Dalton, I'm assuming at this point u have tested your icons separately in a hotspot, and they still aren't working..:(...

So if u understand the rest of the puzzle now and it's just your icons u have trouble with..You can just send only those.. Save you the trouble of putting the game together...Up to u..:)

Goodluck..~ :D

Peace
mercedes
VIP

Postby 3dgamer » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:34 pm

Dalton wrote:I trust reneuend :D . I was just worried because I really intend to use this game in the next AD contest and I do?nt wanted to do nothing wrong :D

By the way, the pe de cabra.ico is something i?m not using on this game, i?m testing because it was too tinny to use on the scenarios. :D
About the game, i?m still organizing the files and folders. But tomorrow i think it will be ready :D

Okay, understood. ;)

Well, I'll look out for your game when you release it.

Cya!
3DGamer
3dgamer
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:16 am

Ok. I think I fixed the code....and only had to use 2 variables!!!
I created 2 lists: one holds the answer sequence of item tags, the other list holds the current sequence that the player is entering in during runtime.

It was fun! I now know a few Portequese words! :)

I should get some sleep as it is just after 4am! :shock:
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Mystery » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:26 pm

Great news reneuend :D

Hehe, also a possibility to learn languages :lol:
Mystery

Postby Dalton » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:28 pm

Hehehehehehe. :D
Yeah, i?m creating some fun puzzles because there?s a lot of limitations so it have to be a short and fun adventure game after all. :D
I will see later the puzzle code explanation :)

reneuend wrote:Ok. I think I fixed the code....and only had to use 2 variables!!!
I created 2 lists: one holds the answer sequence of item tags, the other list holds the current sequence that the player is entering in during runtime.

Dalton
Expert Member

Postby Dalton » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:29 pm

Well, the puzzle problem is almost fixed. There?s 2 error messages now...
I?ll post the photos here...

Dalton wrote:Hehehehehehe. :D
Yeah, i?m creating some fun puzzles because there?s a lot of limitations so it have to be a short and fun adventure game after all. :D
I will see later the puzzle code explanation :)

reneuend wrote:Ok. I think I fixed the code....and only had to use 2 variables!!!

Attachments
message 2.JPG
message 2.JPG (40.94 KiB) Viewed 10250 times
Dalton
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:36 pm

The first error I'll fix. Could you please send me the card/stone combination? This will make it a lot easier to fix.

The second one isn't an error. It's a msg I used for debugging(I'll remove it)! :)

I'll send you an update as soon as I can.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Previous

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion