Visual Novel Plugin?

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Visual Novel Plugin?

Postby PenMasterRule » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:44 am

I don't know where else to say this, but I had a great idea. I think it would be awesome if someone created a visual novel plugin. Or something where people could make visual novels. Just think about it. The 'Adventure Maker' program is perfect for something like this. Now most of you might not know what a visual novel is. So I will explain it.

A visual novel is like a 'choose your own adventure' novel, except choices have values. Usually when a player has to make a choice there are two options on the screen. The player chooses one and that effects the rest of the game and sometimes effects the relationship the player has with the person they are talking to.

I really believe a 'Visula Novel' pluggin wouldn't really need a lot to go with it.

1. Text boxes which appear on the screen.
2. Numerical values players can choose next to choices.

And maybe a few other things I can't think of right now. I know there's some things out there now that could give creators the same effect, but I believe something like this would be easier for people and bring in a new audience.

I don't know, but that's my idea anyways. Any programers out there that want to use it and share it with people here are welcome to that idea.
PenMasterRule

I think

Postby Harvester » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:15 pm

I don't know much about scripting or plugins, but I guess if someone actually does, it can be easily made with AM without any plugins. But correct me if I'm not right :?

Harvester
*** www.nikotinzenekar.hu <-2011. album titled 'Mese' free to download! (5th button). *** www.mydarkmind.atw.hu <- under construction for a while.
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:13 pm

Yeah, no need for plugins... However you can always try the parser plugin, which enables the use of a parser textbox
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion