Video Tutorial

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Video Tutorial

Postby chickens1127 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Hello, yes, you may be wondering "Why the ~~didn't mean to swear~~ is he still here?!?!?!?!"

Well, I am starting a show teaching people how to make videogames. In the first episode, 14 minutes long in 2 parts, I tackle making a simple game with Adventure Maker. This is super basic for only new users and n00bs(no, i am not going down that path. :D "

I am gone for a few weeks, just I have put a month into it just to see it not used by the community, and sorry about slightly shaky camera.

Enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc2jNqG_ ... o_response
Hi... It's Chickens1127...
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby pennsteve » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:00 pm

You should get a tripod. You can get cheap ones for like 20 bucks. I know you are a kid (didnt realize how young you were until I started watching the video), but I'm sure you can come up with enough money for one. I got a cheap one on sale at sears one time. Its not the best tripod in the world, but it WILL hold a camera steady for making a video like that.

This isnt criticism, just trying to help.

OR, you can make your own and attach it to a chair or something. I forget how its done, but I think you use pipe cleaners and stuff. If you go to metacafe and do a search, you'll find the video. I think the video is how to make one for inside your car, but it would work elsewhere too.
pennsteve
Expert Member

Postby chickens1127 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:51 pm

Yes, I am getting one, but the problem is my parents don't want more crap in the house, but I may build one. Anyways, thanks and check out some of my other videos which are less shaky :D

(15 Subscribers!!!!!!!)
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Postby mercedes » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:40 am

16...:P..
mercedes
VIP

Postby ShadowHunter » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:41 am

Capturing the screen with free software would cost nothing and provides even better results :wink:
ShadowHunter
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

It

Postby Harvester » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:45 am

I had no problem with the shaky cameras, the only issue was that it didn't always show the location of the actual happenings. Otherwise, I think it is a good introduction to the use of AM, and many will find it helpful!

Harvester
*** www.nikotinzenekar.hu <-2011. album titled 'Mese' free to download! (5th button). *** www.mydarkmind.atw.hu <- under construction for a while.
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby chickens1127 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:59 pm

Well, I am OK usually with 2 hands, but one hand and typing with the other or clicking is difficult.
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion