Question! (Hard to phrase)

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Question! (Hard to phrase)

Postby PenMasterRule » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:15 am

Hi.

I was wondering if it was possible to have a picture appear and vanish on the screen. You know like a pop up message, but instead of it vanishing on it's own you are able to click a button on that message and make it vanish or change.
PenMasterRule

Postby juhuwoorps » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:39 pm

You can do this with variables.
Create your hotspot with the picture within you will show.
Create a variable like "show picture" or so.
Got to the variables tab of the hotspot and activate "The hotspot(or picture) must be enabled only if"
Then click on the Add... button at "... the value of the following variable is1"
and choose your variable. In this case " show picture"

In the hotspot you want to show the other hotspot also go to the variables tab
and activate the the first opinion.
Add your variable at " Variables the value of which must become 1"

If you want to change the picture you must do this with overlayed hotspots or with scripting.
It depends if you have the free version or the full,

I hope this helps you!
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby mercedes » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:00 pm

I know this message is a bit older..[been gone awhile]..This is just an additional way of doing it..with full version of AM..:)

With the full version you can do this..in the hotspot that activates the popup..

Action.loadApicture Hotspot(1), "picture.jpg"--Make sure picture is the same size as hotspot--This way u can avoid resizing it.

On the actual popup picture..or button to make it go away.

Action.loadApicture Hotspot(1), "" --Make it transparent

Know that the hotspot is still active though..Only transparent..So if u put script in that one..it will still be there..and active.

However, you can also disable it..depending on whether or not u want to ever see it again..If u want the person to never be able to see it again..Then simply use the option in the Action TAB...Disable hotspot..

I hope this helps..:D
mercedes
VIP

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion