Decompilation?

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Decompilation?

Postby Bzyk » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:00 pm

Hello,

here's another my strange question. ;) My hard disk crashed - with couple of my AM projects, which I have compiled to exe on another drive. Is there any possibility to decompile AM exe file to separate editable project files?
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter...
Bzyk
Frequent Poster

Postby ShadowHunter » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:45 am

Hi,

Many moons ago I wrote a tool called Game2Source that was designed for this kind of situations.

Many designers and even GM were not so happy with this tool that could decompile games. So I built in a safety signature that needs to be applied before compiling the game.

Only when the game has a valid signature it can be decompiled again.

Nonetheless I abandoned the project and it was never updated to be compatible with the current version of AM.

So long story short, currently there is NO tool anymore but you can still download Game2Source from my website... if there is enough intrest and requests I could consider updating it :wink:

Sorry for your loss.

With best regards,

ShAdOwHuNtEr
ShadowHunter
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Bzyk » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:21 am

Thanks for the answer! Yes, I perfectly understand, why people were not so happy...

Well, these lost projects were complete, and I have them compiled to exe, so my loss isn't that big, fortunately. :)
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter...
Bzyk
Frequent Poster

Postby ShadowHunter » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:10 pm

You are very welcome :D
ShadowHunter
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion