Create Hotspots via Code?

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Create Hotspots via Code?

Postby Netjera » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:12 am

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if there is a way to create a hotspot via code? I'm hoping to find a way to make hotspots while the game is running.

Thanks!

Net
A woman on a mission - a budding artist looking for a place to take root, a builder looking for the right community - I'm looking for a home.
Netjera
Frequent Poster

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:51 am

Don't think so. However you can use the hidden Hotspot(0) that is already created but almost never used.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Netjera » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:15 am

That doesn't help. I need to generate a number of falling treasures. They need to fall at random intervals, and I was going to have it be random amounts, as well, so that the play experience would always be different.

I didn't want to make a hundred empty hotspots, and then somehow activate them randomly. I was hoping to make one hotspot that moved around, and which would randomly 'generate' hotspots. But in order to do that, I need to be able to make hotspots during the run, via code. =/
A woman on a mission - a budding artist looking for a place to take root, a builder looking for the right community - I'm looking for a home.
Netjera
Frequent Poster

Postby juhuwoorps » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:52 am

I think you don't have 100 Hospots falling down at the same time.
So I would create 10 HS and set the starting coordinates by a random routine everytime a hotspot gets out of the range or is picked up.
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby Netjera » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:20 pm

Hmm, I think I see what you're saying.

Activate one when another one is deactivated, so that I'm "reusing" the hotspot.

That might work, although I'd probably want more than ten. I'm trying to figure out how to pace them so gameplay is fun and challenging, and unpredictable. If they can tell when the stuff is going to fall and in what location, then it's not going to be very much fun. =/
Netjera
Frequent Poster

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion