Interactive story - is Adventure Maker right for me?

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Interactive story - is Adventure Maker right for me?

Postby KarlMalone » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:53 am

Hello. I would like to design an interactive story - like a "Choose your own adventure" story. The player will be provided 2-3 options with every frame, and each option will take him down different paths.

Is Adventure Maker the appropriate program for something like this?

I have downloaded the program and fiddled around with it. My big concern is, if a player chooses an option, is it possible to have it so that choice sticks with the player the whole game?

Like, if I ask the player at the beginning - do you want to be a wizard or warrior - and he chooses wizard, can I have it so that either choice will take them to the same world - but depending on what they selected, they can have different options? Or do I have to create duplicate frames for each option? I hope that makes sense.

Also, is there a limit to how many frames you can have?

Thanks.
KarlMalone

Postby KarlMalone » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:44 am

Okay, ignore my earlier question about the wizard and warrior. I confused myself! I figured it out.

My question is...can you have a point system?

Like I want my player to collect points by picking the right answer for puzzles along the way. If he collects three points and goes to a certain frame, he'll get option A. If he doesn't have three points and goes to that frame, he'll get option B.

Is that possible?
KarlMalone

Postby juhuwoorps » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:55 pm

Yes its possible :)
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby Mystery » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:41 am

Check out the Scripting Techniques page in the Help Files:
http://www.adventuremaker.com/help/vbsc ... niques.htm
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion