Graphics

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Graphics

Postby Coleman-Games » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:49 pm

Does anyone know of a good progam that I can create 3d graphics with? I have something called DOGA, but it's not that great. I make my games with MS paint, but of course that's not good for 3d. Help, please?
Coleman-Games

Postby reneuend » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:15 pm

I'm not a 3D artist.....yet, but here is a list of them: http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1264

There is plenty of discussion on this subject in the "How to make pictures, ..." forum.

Let me know what you find out, as I've been looking at various 3D programs and haven't really settled on any of them yet.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:20 am

Hi there..Welcome to the forums..:D

Another thing u can do...if u want to take the time, is do 3D art in Paint..or any other 2D art application...

Which is sort of what i did..to start with..but i like to draw..

Take a look at these..they helped me alot in doing rooms..ect..

PartI

Part2A

Part2B

Part2C

Part2D
mercedes
VIP

Postby Gumbro » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:05 am

One alternative route is to take a 3D game engine, build the environment with it and snap screenshots. For example, there is a free first person shooter engine called Silent Walk 1.1 you can use for this.
Gumbro

Postby Mystery » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:41 pm

If you have never worked with 3D software, and don't want to spend many weeks to get the hang of it, I'd suggest you to use Google SketchUp (free version):
http://www.google.com/sketchup/download/gsu.html
It's the easiest to use for beginners in my opinion.

Otherwise there are quite a few free 3D programs that are not extremely difficult to learn, but still you have to have some patience and time to learn to work with them.

As mentioned before you can check out this thread for a list (which contains free and paid ones):
http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/vi ... php?t=1264

From the free software, I find (apart from Google SketchUp) Art of Illusion and Deled CE rather easy to learn, but it's also always a personal choice and taste - and I think that everyone would suggest a different one.
So if you want to put time and effort into it, you can try some of the free ones for yourself and see how you get along with them :)
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Coleman-Games » Fri May 28, 2010 3:58 am

Thanks! :D
Coleman-Games

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion