Pausing KeyGuard

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Pausing KeyGuard

Postby JasonMc » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:56 am

Ya'll sick of me yet? :lol:

Okay, another probably stupid question. Is there some way I can pause ShadowHunter's lovely KeyGuard monitoring process, for example, when I need the user to enter text into an InputBox?

By the way, I've just finished programming KeyGuard to call all the menu options using the "SimulateHotspotClick" button. Very, very helpful. :D
-Jason McDonald
Manager, Programmer
MousePaw Games

--
PocketWatch 1.0 Plugin now available in the Plugins Corner!
JasonMc

Postby reneuend » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:59 pm

At least for me, I would need a lot more detail on how you are using KeyGuard and when/where you are using the inputbox. Sample code would be helpful.

From what you are saying, it sounds like you need to either build a condition around the Inputbox, or supress keyboard commands that you programmed with KeyGuard. Suppressing keyboard commands is done inside the routines where you defined the keyguard keystrokes by using an IF condition.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Re: Pausing KeyGuard

Postby ShadowHunter » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:35 pm

Hi,

See the include user manual:

9.1.2 Methods related to keyboard and mouse action
PauseComponent: Pause the capturing of keystrokes / mouse buttons / mouse areas
ResumeComponent: Resume the capturing of keystrokes / mouse buttons / mouse areas

Hope this helps :wink:

With best regards,

ShAdOwHuNtEr

JasonMc wrote:Ya'll sick of me yet? :lol:

Okay, another probably stupid question. Is there some way I can pause ShadowHunter's lovely KeyGuard monitoring process, for example, when I need the user to enter text into an InputBox?

By the way, I've just finished programming KeyGuard to call all the menu options using the "SimulateHotspotClick" button. Very, very helpful. :D
ShadowHunter
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion