Emergency!

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Emergency!

Postby JasonMc » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:25 pm

Ok, crud, I've just hit an absolute wall with game production.
It is vital that I have either .swf files or animated .gif files with transparent backgrounds, integrated into the game play.

HOWEVER, I cannot put hotspots over .swf files, and the backgrounds are not transparent (my artist exported with transparent backgrounds), and the .gifs have really weird backgrounds (looking through the entire program to the background programs, or showing the first frame while the others move.

I will need multiple animations per page loaded automatically, not just one movie.

I desperately need help! Can someone tell me how to get one of these two options working (.swf or animated .gif)? If there isn't a way, then I reeeeealy need a plugin.

I will be sure to give proper credit in the game to whomever can fix this problem.

Thanks!
-Jason McDonald
Manager, Programmer
MousePaw Games

--
PocketWatch 1.0 Plugin now available in the Plugins Corner!
JasonMc

Postby juhuwoorps » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:06 pm

For animations I pefer the Animationmaker plugin.
You have to split your animated gif into single pictures.
If you want to have more then one animation at the same time with different pictures you can modify the variables are used in the plugin, so you have different plugins for each animation.

I have thought of a plugin which allows you to play different animation at the same time in different hotspots. I have it in my mind, but at the moment I'm rare at time so I couldn't make it. But soon I have my summer holydays and then I'm going to test if my idea works.

The other way is to code it by yourself.
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Re: Emergency!

Postby mercedes » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:23 am

If there isn't a way, then I reeeeealy need a plugin.

You may have to use a plugin...:(..Unfortunetly AM doesn't support animated .gif's with transparency...
Animation Maker is your best bet..It can be found here..along with many other plugins :D

http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4868&highlight=plugins

If you want just the Animation Maker..it can be found here..There are 2 versions in that pack..so it should allow u to have more than one animation per frame~ If you get the Animated GIF Player as well...it will allow yet another animation~
http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=25115#25115

Hope that helps..:D
mercedes
VIP

Postby JasonMc » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:29 am

Yeah, I've tried both. They're very helpful, but unfortunately, no transparency. Apparently, that's a know limitation of AM.

At this point, what my artist and I are looking at is cutting out the background for each animation, and Mal (my artist) using those as backgrounds for her flash files.
-Jason McDonald
Manager, Programmer
MousePaw Games

--
JasonMc

Postby mercedes » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:31 am

hi there..:)

When u design the frames for the animation..U have to use a program..for instance GIMP..that will allow u to make the frames[pictures for animation] with transparency..manually.
You have to manually make the parts of the pictures that you want..transparent..
The players don't do that for you..They simply allow u to play the animation in a sequence..:)
mercedes
VIP

Postby JasonMc » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:39 am

Thanks for the tip, though the transparency-supporting .gif animation didn't work.

The format we're planning on is .swf. I figured out how to show more than one animation. :D
-Jason McDonald
Manager, Programmer
MousePaw Games

--
JasonMc

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion