new guy :D

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

new guy :D

Postby antrock101 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:28 pm

deleted
Last edited by antrock101 on Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
antrock101

Postby antrock101 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:36 pm

I forgot to add are there triggers for when your sprite enters you can trigger something
antrock101

Postby antrock101 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:39 pm

ugh wheres the edit button lol?

I was wondering if anyone had a walk to example for when your trying to pick an item up?
antrock101

Postby JasonMc » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:10 pm

Hi, antrock! Welcome to the forums.

While I'll leave your third person questions for someone else, I can answer your question about scripting.

The good news is - YES, AdventureMaker supports scripting. However, the not-so-good news in your case is that it doesn't support C#. Instead, it runs off of Visual Basic Script.

Now, this shouldn't be too bad because I know enough about programming languages to know that VB and C# have many similarities, so you'll almost certainly be able to catch on to VB pretty fast.

VBScript is merely a subset of the Visual Basic language. AdventureMaker provides a nice little reference for looking up the most common scripting actions, objects, and properties. You can also get more information on VBScript and Visual Basic on the Microsoft Developer Network website

AdventureMaker Documentation and FAQ

Using VBScript, you should be able to make AdventureMaker do just about anything you want...assuming you can figure out how to script it. If you come up with anything really helpful or spectacular, please feel free to post a tutorial or plugin for it.

Again, welcome to AdventureMaker Forums, and hopefully someone will be able to answer your questions about third person games.

-J
-Jason McDonald
Manager, Programmer
MousePaw Games

--
PocketWatch 1.0 Plugin now available in the Plugins Corner!
JasonMc

Postby antrock101 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:06 pm

thanks for the reply
antrock101

Postby antrock101 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:50 pm

I don't suppose anyone has an answer to the other questions
antrock101

Welcome

Postby Harvester » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:07 pm

Welcome to the forums!

I am no expert of the 3rd person plugin, but I am sure someone can provide the answer for your question soon enough. At the moment the forum pace is not too fast, so you might have to wait a bit :wink:
As far as I experimented with it, the sprite can be changed, but you can use only one set of sprites per game basically (that is, you can't 'change the dress' of your charachter within the game).
For the other issue, a simple solution would be to merge your image hotspot with the background and use invisible hotspots. However that is no solution for some cases, but there must be a way to do what you wish to achieve.
Lastly, may I ask you to stop double-posting :) There's an 'edit' button at your posts, use that instead and add the info you want to send to your previous post if possible.

Harvester
*** www.nikotinzenekar.hu <-2011. album titled 'Mese' free to download! (5th button). *** www.mydarkmind.atw.hu <- under construction for a while.
Harvester
Forum Master

Re: new guy :D

Postby mercedes » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:37 am

Does this engine support walk in front of features, when i put an image hotspot down it seems that I'm walking behind it using the 3rd person plugin.

When it comes to the 3rd person plugin..it's all about coordinates..making several hotspots..and inputting the exact coordinates for the sprite to walk to them. [That's what i did..:)]

Also, I don't know if this is what u are looking for...but u can try this;
How to make the 3rd person walk around a table.
http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3247&highlight=3rd+person

Also is it possible to change the sprite used in the 3rd person plugin.

Yes, :) Take a look inside the folder where the pictures of the sprites are-[Browse to it using Windows Explorer.] There are 2 different sprites that come with AM..one is a robot and one is a man~
mercedes
VIP

Postby vertexx » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:00 am

Welcome Antrock101.

To make it short...I'm no expert at anything at all..but welcome.. 8)

Vertexx
Thirty days hath September
April, June and no wonder.
All the rest are strawberry jam..
..except for my grandmother
and she rides a bicycle!
vertexx

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion