Adventure Maker being continued?

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Adventure Maker being continued?

Postby Ikonz101 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:00 pm

Hello AM members I haven't been here for a while but noticed there hasn't been many updates to AM lately (besides Decembers update). I do own AM but I am thinking of upgrading to the newest release because I recently got a new laptop with Windows 7. The question I have though is it worth upgrading due to the lack of updates from GM-Support? Is GM-Support going to continue working on Adventure Maker in the future? This is a great product and it saddens me to see the lack of support from the creator. I do have hopeful thinking though that GM-Support will continue to add new features to this great program.

Thank You
Ikonz101
Ikonz101
Frequent Poster

Postby Candle » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:17 pm

You might want to check the forums more and you will find lots of updates to AM & for windows 7.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby Ikonz101 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:31 pm

After looking at the forum topics I noticed a Windows 7 section that I had not noticed before. My apologies for not looking further in the forum. Thanks for the reply Candle.

Ikonz101
Ikonz101
Frequent Poster

Postby Candle » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:38 pm

GM will fix the download link when he gets back in to the forums.
So give it a few days unless someone else uploads a copy here.
``````````````
Candle
Administrator

Postby juhuwoorps » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:19 pm

All AM versions since AM4.5.2 are available on my website. :)

Also the updated version of the cubic panorama plugin. ;)
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby GM-Support » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:12 pm

Yes, development of AM continues. Please keep checking the forums for future announcements.

Thanks a lot for your patience.

Best regards,
GM-Support
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Vengeance66 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:05 pm

You cannot stop developing AM!

It is the best tools for creating games...
Stay a while and listen...

Rainbow Enterainment - http://rainbowenter.com/
Vengeance66
Administrator

Postby reneuend » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:48 pm

I agree V66. We, as AM developers can do our part by being as active as possible.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Vengeance66 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:21 pm

I think AM is in a great shape, working under Win7 featuring almost everything, gives you possibility to make everything...

I think that a scene maker would be perfect, so graphic noooooooooobs like me can make a scenes for their games :)

Vengeance66
Administrator

Postby reneuend » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:34 pm

I'm not sure venturing outside of a coding tool for building games is a good idea. It's hard to to have a "do everything" package that is first rate. Microsoft can get away with it because they have a lot of capital to invest. I think the best thing for AM is to support more formats, enhance current tool set, and of course, move to .NET platform! :wink:
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Vengeance66 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:02 am

Have you watched this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm1Ba_rdPHI

Charles Cecil from Revolution Software (Broken Sword) talks about 2D and 3D. He says that 2D is coming back...

INteresting...

Vengeance66
Administrator

Postby reneuend » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:02 am

Great interview. Thanks for sharing!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Vengeance66 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:04 am

I don't believe that days and days are passing and no sign of anyone or the GM support...

Do anyone continued on their projects? I'm going to concert in Wednesday and something nice may happen... :)

Cheers! :wink:

Vengeance66
Administrator

Postby Gumbro » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:02 pm

I plan to make something with AM in December, but it's going to be done with the free version.

About 2D, I guess it never went away. You will always have low end platforms surfacing which can only run either great looking 2D or really bad 3D. Also, I have friends who specifically like 2D adventure games and get 'motion sick' with 3D movement.
Gumbro

Postby Ikonz101 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:34 pm

OK its been almost a year since I created this thread and I have seen no sign of any major updates to this software. I am starting to believe it is vaporware and it is very discouraging . This product has or maybe had a great potential to add features like export to HTML 5, IOS (that works with all features), and Android. So at this point I am wondering - Is GM really continuing this or leaving it to fad away? If the latter then maybe consider passing it onto someone who has the time to program all these features and keep up with the updates and demand from the community. Don't get me wrong this software is good but really needs updates and improvements to keep up with the changing technology. I am not writing this post to start a war just expressing my views on the current state of affairs.

Best Regards
Ikonz101
Ikonz101
Frequent Poster

Postby Candle » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:22 pm

Ikonz101 wrote:OK its been almost a year since I created this thread and I have seen no sign of any major updates to this software. I am starting to believe it is vaporware and it is very discouraging . This product has or maybe had a great potential to add features like export to HTML 5, IOS (that works with all features), and Android. So at this point I am wondering - Is GM really continuing this or leaving it to fad away? If the latter then maybe consider passing it onto someone who has the time to program all these features and keep up with the updates and demand from the community. Don't get me wrong this software is good but really needs updates and improvements to keep up with the changing technology. I am not writing this post to start a war just expressing my views on the current state of affairs.

Best Regards
Ikonz101

"Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."
Attachments
380885_340038322680502_100000230125170_1311785_1974474175_n.jpg
380885_340038322680502_100000230125170_1311785_1974474175_n.jpg (33.97 KiB) Viewed 5936 times
``````````````
Candle
Administrator

Postby Gumbro » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:43 pm

Well, GM updated for Win7, so I suppose the next update comes when Win8 is a common OS.

Right?
Gumbro

Postby Ikonz101 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:58 pm

Well, GM updated for Win7, so I suppose the next update comes when Win8 is a common OS.

Right?

AM using Win7 still has issues needing to be ironed out instead of always using workarounds...Right? If that is the case then this product should be free and not charging people for an incomplete product with no updates for several months or the next OS.

"Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

Maybe he should look inside it lists the chocolates;)

Ikonz101
Ikonz101
Frequent Poster

Postby reneuend » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:23 pm

I agree with you, Ikonz101. There should be continuous updates to keep the product up-to-date. At the very least, we should receive timely information that there is something being done and not left wondering.

Waaaaay back in the earlier 90's, I thought Paintshop Pro (owned by Jasc) was the best drawing tool. Then along came Photoshop....and then Paintshop Pro got bought by Corel. Photoshop is a great tool, where Paintshop Pro "was" a great tool until Corel got a hold of it. I still use Paintshop Pro 7 which is the last version built by Jasc.

Buying software of any kind ends up like this......even the ones we all know is good (like AM), can end up being left behind for any number of reasons.

The best way to handle this is to have your own plan just in case that happens. I have mine and I hope others do to....AM will still be a good product "as is" for the next few years....but as you mentioned, the landscape is changing.
Last edited by reneuend on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:06 am

Perhaps on the home page of the product..[where you purchase AM] There could be something written there..for instance;

You buy this product as is-
O.S. Windows XP compatible
Windows 7--Last known update for any fixes ; [date]
HTML--list features--last known update--[date]
Iphone/Ipad--features--last known update-none

It is a working product..However, no newer updates will be released till further notice.

List all Plugin's available;..

Then...If there isn't any updates for some time...Block the threads that ask for features..?

..idk..an idea.... :?
mercedes
VIP

Postby Candle » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:04 am

Just give him some time as I'm sure something new will be coming out soon.
I think windows 8 will run under the Arm CPU so that should do a big screw up in the gears working now.
``````````````
Candle
Administrator

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:52 am

Rumor has it that Microsoft is going to be discontinuing .NET Frameworks, so the best move right now is to wait and see.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion