PSP... PS1, PS2, PS3 ?

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

PSP... PS1, PS2, PS3 ?

Postby Simon » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:39 pm

Well, I think the title tells everything :)
AM seems to have a nice PSP feature, I just wondered if there were any plans on making it also compatible with more PS system ?
PS3 would be great ! :D
Simon
Expert Member

Postby time-killer-games » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:13 pm

Sadly, AM is made in visual basic which from what I understand is a windows -only programming language, and can only export targets other than windows exe that support html viewing.

AM games for PSP arent actually PSP games at all, all AM can do is send html, js, css, and image files to the PSP's internal memory, which html is not psp's native language, neither is js or css...

Same goes with ipod touch and iphone, but those are only playable if there is internet connection and if your html/other files are uploaded somewhere online, all in the same web directory.

To answer your question, I don't believe that will ever happen, the best you could do is upload your game and run it on the PS3 browser, which requires the right url to the index of your uploaded game, and would need internet connection / internet browser support for PS3. And PS2/PS1 don't even have a web browser, so that is not even an option directly/indirectly.
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Postby Simon » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:55 pm

Oh OK... I was just curious, but this is clear now :) Thanks !!!
Simon
Expert Member

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion