Adventure Maker Win Big Contest - WINNERS Announced

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Re: [Unofficial] Adventure Maker Win Big Contest

Postby Vengeance66 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:48 am

The thing that you are organizing it, makes it way more valuable than the price.

Reneund had also nice contests, I participated in one - it was really fun and great thing for making more games.

This is great community, let's keep it alive! :-)
Stay a while and listen...

Rainbow Enterainment - http://rainbowenter.com/
Vengeance66
Administrator

Postby Vairon » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:43 am

I can not wait for this contest!
Vairon
Forum Master

Postby time-killer-games » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:16 pm

Alright guys I'm incredibly sorry for the late notice it is now 2014 so we'll be no longer accepting submissions. I'm happy to announce reneuend is offering an additional prize and so now the top four winners will all get something. Judging starts now, all judges - please contact the participants to retrieve a copy of their games if you don't have it already and I trust you judges and your judgement so whatever you guys say, goes, just try your best to be accurate and show no favoritism, etc which I'm aware you'll have no problem with. :-)
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:19 am

Remember: For the judges to be able to review your game properly, it would be best to include a walkthrough.
Contestants. Please send your download urls to my PM. Don't forget to send it to Vairon also.

Thanks and best of luck!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Vairon » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:01 pm

Yeah! I'm ready to judge. :)

Good luck to all!
Vairon
Forum Master

Postby Simon » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:12 pm

Good luck to the judges ! Each of you has ASA with the walkthrough ? Feel free to contact me if your need !
And good luck to all the participants !
Simon
Expert Member

Postby reneuend » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:11 pm

we need entries from the following yet:
?domozo : "The Arabic Adventures"
?Gumbro : <game submission here>
?mrmyst : "Arva"

TKG...I haven't received yours, but since its not actually part of the contest...it can wait!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Vairon » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:15 pm

I have "The Arabic Adventures", I need:
? Gumbro
? mrmyst
?TKG
Vairon
Forum Master

Postby reneuend » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:21 pm

LOL! Hey Vairon! Can you get me Arabic Adventures download link? :)
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Vairon » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:31 pm

I've shared in Google Drive, you must have an email notification. It is the AM project.
Vairon
Forum Master

Postby reneuend » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:48 pm

Got it! Thank you!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby time-killer-games » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:32 pm

I'm no longer participating since I don't have a project ready. However that will give everyone else more of a chance to be on the top four! =)
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Postby time-killer-games » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:49 pm

Also everyone who hasn't transfered your game to a judge yet please do. You only have on month to do this, hopefully it shouldn't take that long. If you think you won't be able to submit on time please let me, Vairon, and reneuend know so we won't be waiting a whole month for a game(s) that can't be transfered on time. That way we can decide the winners much sooner! =)
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Postby Stitches » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:48 am

Hi there. I was wondering if I could enter my first game into your competition? :) I didn't think I'd finish one as I only became a member here late last year and have just been learning VBS. For Xmas last 2013 I uploaded a game based on a cartoon series I do on my YouTube channel. This game (SodOff Kitty- Xmas Revelations) is an interactive episode with a score system and item usage. Intended to be a short game as the episodes are, and after reviewing you contest guidelines, I wondered if it would be worth entering but kind of in a what the ~didn't swear, used non-inflictive term referring to a fictitious place~ notion (sorry... censorship grinds my teeth through the enamel ;) ). Reneuend said I should send it to you. The link is below. Be warned, despite it's anthropomorphically adolescent appearance it's not exactly for kids :shock: (contains course language). If the link doesn't work there is a link on my website in the projects section. I'm just getting involved and catching p with the community here. Wouldn't really expect to win here, but even a review would be appreciated. It's under a non commercial license (no chance of affording the upgrade for a little bit). I am developing a little Tremors tribute game, but with that not being my own so to speak (sound bytes, music, etc) and is merely a test of coding skills as a fan game, probably no way that could be entered. The SOK game however is mine.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=BC617C05 ... A972A1!115

Thanks very much. I hope you can enter it and It's not too late by the time you get this. Cheers and taterz!
PPS I did send this as a private message, but I don't think it went through. It's still in the outbox. :~
http://www.youtube.com/user/MaynardStaly/videos and http://libertycap.webs.com
“With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he’ll never know.”
Stitches

Postby time-killer-games » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:13 pm

Hi stitches I replied to your comment and message via PM.

Calling all judges I do not often visit here anymore so when you have anything important to ask me or update me on, including the winners decided please email me so I'll have a quicker notification of it that will be instantly visible to me on my tablet via push notifications. My email - samuelvenable[AT]hotmail[DOT]com
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Re: Adventure Maker Win Big Contest - WINNERS Announced

Postby reneuend » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:00 pm

And the winner of the Adventure Maker Win Big Contest is........ (place drum roll here) ..............

The Arabic Adventure
by Domozo

1st > Arabic Adventure: 8.3/10
2nd > ASA: 8.2/10
3rd > Shadows II: 6.7/10
4th > Sadoff Kitty: 5.8/10

The winners will get their choice of prize starting with 1st place through 4th.

All the games were well done. It was very close between 1st and 2nd place. However, ASA is not officially part of the contest (commercial game), but will receive the 4th place prize.
Congratulations to all!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Stitches » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:04 pm

Wow! I didn't think I had the entry! :) I just returned from a birthday winter camping trip... What a lovely surprise to get back to :o Nice one guys! :) :) :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/MaynardStaly/videos and http://libertycap.webs.com
“With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he’ll never know.”
Stitches

Postby domozo » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:10 am

OMG, thaaaaaaaaank you, every one, AM makers, judges, participants, forums members, additional script makers, visitors and every
one else related to AM and to this contest,I am happy tooooooooooooo much, I can fly like a bird, thank you without naming every one
because I adore this forums, and this program ( lovely adventure maker ), and how every one without exceptions deal with others
I feel like a fire blazing my heart, like a volcano, and just that was very special (place drum roll here)....like I am in a dream, this is very
special day in my life, even the contest wasn't official, this is not important, what important that the good people who care about
creation, without waiting any thing, just to encourage anyone wants to say: I want to do something, thank you very very very much
and I am not in the first place, I am with my friends, all the good participants, wishing to them and to me and to every one the nicest
future, and happiest life, hope you are every one in his country live in peace and goodness, I spent one year and four months to complete
the game with its translation, and now I feel it was a short time, really I didn't want to name any one but one, thanks reneuend, cause
you are sincerly to your profession and honest, I don't believe how fair that was, so great thanks, and I want to say that I don't want any prize,
the contest itself was my great prize, so every one is committed to give a prize can do any beautiful possibility, to encourage any game maker
in the forums, or anything else, but I regard my self as rewarded very much....and just another name to my friend the genius french Simon
yes, yes, maybe I will return to make another adventure game someday, thank you for offering help, you are great, and all of you is great
cause your creation was just to be creation, and nothing else material, thank you, thank you, thank you, I can write a poem about this,
( forgive me for the fever ) with my best best best regards ........
domozo
Frequent Poster

Postby Vengeance66 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:24 pm

Congratulations Domozo! :)

I didn't knew I would win something, I participated for fun. But, I'm pleased and honored. Thank you. :-)

Vengeance66
Administrator

Postby time-killer-games » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:57 pm

You guys are most certainly welcome! Please send me your email address in a private message so I know no one will be falsely posing as you, because after that PM I need your address, zip code, etc via email so I can can deliver my physical prizes. I'll be expecting your email you use to mail me with to be the same one mentioned in your PM.

Again, to mail me, my email is
samuelvenable[AT]hotmail[DOT]com

@reneuend: I approve of the conclusion you and Vairon have settled. Also reneuend please let everyone know the name and details of the prize you are offering sadly I can't remember the name of it. Cheers! =)
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Postby Vairon » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:02 pm

Congratulations to all participants, especially to Domozo. [Applause]

It's been fun to be a judge of this contest, and I want to congratulate TKG by the organization, has been fantastic.
Vairon
Forum Master

Postby time-killer-games » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:59 pm

Thank you Vairon. It's been a pleasure to work with you. =)

Alright domozo tell us the prize you want when you get the chance so we can award you with it and head on to the second place prize selection. =D Congrats man! You did great. I'm envious of the judges I've never had the chance to play it and they have.

Cheers.
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Postby domozo » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:49 pm

Vengeance66 wrote:Congratulations Domozo! :)

I didn't knew I would win something, I participated for fun. But, I'm pleased and honored. Thank you. :-)

congratulations to every one, I am honored too to be together all in on creative beautiful activity like game making
it means a lot to me, I hope it stay like a special remembrance in our game making history, hope you proceed very
well in your creative game Shadows sequence....
Last edited by domozo on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
domozo
Frequent Poster

Postby domozo » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:57 pm

Vairon wrote:Congratulations to all participants, especially to Domozo. [Applause]

It's been fun to be a judge of this contest, and I want to congratulate TKG by the organization, has been fantastic.

thank you Vairon, really you are always making an impressive efforts either in your games making or in such activities
I appreciate your work always, I liked ( [Applause] ) that is too generous, thank you again, you are great...
domozo
Frequent Poster

Postby domozo » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:10 pm

time-killer-games wrote:Thank you Vairon. It's been a pleasure to work with you. =)

Alright domozo tell us the prize you want when you get the chance so we can award you with it and head on to the second place prize selection. =D Congrats man! You did great. I'm envious of the judges I've never had the chance to play it and they have.

Cheers.

thanks a lot TKG, congratulations to you cause of your nice contest, you were the engine of all this, hope you repeat as you can
this contests and make always beautiful hope and encouraging to the game makers, cause this is our shared passion, pain, hope and
success, and never mind I just saw Simon wants to participate without a prize and I liked how he act, for this really I don't want any
physical prize, but yes if you made another contest in the future that will be like a prize to me...
domozo
Frequent Poster

Postby reneuend » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:27 pm

The prize I offered was Poser Pro 8.
TKG. Please list the prizes so the contestants can choose from the list.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby time-killer-games » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:23 am

domozo you are welcome, anytime! =) Just to confirm, are you absolutely positive you don't want a prize?

Hey all contest winners the prizes remaining are:

?Poser 8 Pro thanks to Reneuend
?"The Filmmaker" (commercial AM game) thanks to CBSection
?Kodak Digital Picture Frame thanks to me
?Philips Sans a Clip MP3 Player thanks to me
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Postby Vengeance66 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:05 am

Honestly, I too don't want any price, but I would love to play "The Filmmaker". :)

Vengeance66
Administrator

Postby domozo » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:31 pm

time-killer-games wrote:domozo you are welcome, anytime! =) Just to confirm, are you absolutely positive you don't want a prize?

yes, I don't want any prize, and cheers to everyone
best regards....
domozo
Frequent Poster

Postby reneuend » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:27 pm

if no one takes Poser Pro, I'll toss it in as a prize for the contest starting this spring.
---

reneuend
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion