Full screen without black bars

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Full screen without black bars

Postby gerbil » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:25 pm

Hi! I want to make a game with wide hd resolution - 1280x720. On monitors with higher resolution ( for example full hd 1920x1080) in full screen, the game look like this (see picture bellow).

Is there any possibility to make real full screen without black bars?
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (1.48 MiB) Viewed 2381 times
gerbil

Re: Full screen without black bars

Postby Vengeance66 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:38 pm

Hi,

I'm using this code for stretching the whole monitor to 1024x768, but that's from AM.

Code: Select all
Action.ChangeDisplayResolution 3

I put this in advanced tab in Project Properties in the first one: Execute some VBScript code when the project starts...

But, for HD resolutions, I was thinking of trying to manually put the 1920x1080 resolution and then, make frames with the same resolution...

Cheers!
Stay a while and listen...

Rainbow Enterainment - http://rainbowenter.com/
Vengeance66
Administrator

Postby gerbil » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:42 pm

It will be nice to have an updated version of AM with support for highest resolutions. 1024x768 is really outdated for 2013 games.
gerbil

Postby Simon » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:20 pm

GM (the developer of Adventure Maker) knows about it, and it's one of the most awaited updates !
Currently you can't use big resolutions in your games because the screen is not automatically resized at fullscreen. I know it because I tried a lot of things in my game A Space Adventure in order to create it in 1280, but I had no choice but to come back to 1024, which is the highest resolution without issues...
Simon
Expert Member

Postby gerbil » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:25 pm

If I understand correctly, 1024 x 768 - is the best resolution for my game to work on any computer and monitor configuration in full screen?

Another question: I want to create one personalised menu and I want to include one option for start the game in full or windowed screen mode. Is this possible?
gerbil

Postby Simon » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:09 pm

1 - Yes you understand correctly : 1024 is the best resolution for your game at this day...
I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really (is that enough ?) HOPE that there is an improvement someday !! This is one of the biggest restrictions of AM !

2 - Yes you can ! :mrgreen:
And there are 2 possibilities.

- Use the AM Menu (project properties / Menu) and personnalize it. Then in the Options menu, check "Show option to toggle fullscreen/windowed"

- OR If you're not afraid of using a simple line or two of VB scripting :
Read this, download the file they talk about, and have a look at the commands in my answer at the end of the post. This will allow you to create a fully personal menu.

However you need the pro version of AM (can't do this with the free version !).
Simon
Expert Member

Postby gerbil » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:03 pm

gerbil

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion