Wishlist...

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Wishlist...

Postby Stitches » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:52 am

Hi folks! There's a few things I wanna know if are possible / have been done (I just haven't seen) / coming soon...
Each idea I would hope would use no external programs.

JUUUUUUUUUSSSST SPITBALLIN'!!!!

I've noticed and votes for the improved 3rd person plugin. It should have more features and ability to interact, without any external programs. Whilst I have cast this vote, I would agree that export to DVD game and XBox would be highly useful.. as well as HTML.

I tried pocketwatch plugin.. it did absolutely nothing for me.. perhaps it's because I'm on 4.7.1. I wonder if there is a chance a plugin will be released for the current version which would allow for improved timed events? Something which could enable full global countdowns- which continued on each frame until a trigger stop. Also which could give a game it's own personal clock so to speak. IE GTA works on a 24min = 24 hour game time basis.

A modification to the .exe exporter to allow for a game to be produced as a stand alone game with a single launch icon.

Right click option: I know keyguard has right click option but I am just having no luck with it. I can't even get the polygon hotspots to work properly (sorry SH, it just hasn't worked for me the way it quite obviously has for most others. I just can't wrap myself around it to accomplish what I want) In the project properties, would it be possible to modify a tick and selection box which would allow the choice of what to do with it? For the moment just a drop down inventory, but could it not be changed to
Right click to: (then a scrolling dropdown selection box with options to either
1. Open inventory
2. Action (eg look/talk etc)
3. Execute VBScript) With additional "Insert VBS Here" Textbox.

Mostly, it's my opinion that a plugin or something has to be released to allow for either transparent gif animation (hotspot oriented) and/or PNG support. <<<<<Mew! :D :D :D :D :D :D This would permit soooooo much.

Animated cursors and icons.

An enhancement to the collision plugin which could give a hotspot the option in plugins to "be a collision object" with several easy to access options like:
*if sprite collides then execute VBS (with a textbox to enter optional VBS)
*If hotspot(?) collides, execute VBS "" "" (based on if a hotspot moves into the collision object)
*If sprite collides then enable a (# frame?) gif animation over the sprite (for instance, a 4 frame blood splatter or something)

MEW! Thar we go. Please understand folks this is not a demands list. I just wanted to throw a few ideas out there in case anybody (a real programmer not me who knows the plugins system) looks at it and thinks "Hey, I could do that!" This is why I laid out the ideas as clearly as possible with examples. :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/MaynardStaly/videos and http://libertycap.webs.com
“With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he’ll never know.”
Stitches

Wishlist...

Postby reneuend » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:29 am

Hi Stitches,

As a programmer, I found it much easier to use the non-interface, code-only version of KeyGuard.

Based on your list of demands, here is what I know:

I am almost finished with a game that has animated mouse cursors, thanks to keyguard.

There is a way to create a countdown without a plugin. I'll dig up the code if you would like to try it.

I have in the past created a randomly moving ball that you had to shoot, but I haven't tried collision detection. Actually, its not as hard as it sounds. you just have to track the coordinates and do something when it crosses the coordinates of another hotspot. It would get more tedious if you have a lot of hotspots to track though.

For right-clicking, using Keyguard is very simple without the interface. I'm not sure if I have a tutorial on that or not. Did you happen to look through the BBB magazines? I think there might be something on this.If not, I can easily show you an example.

As for the png and animated transparent gifs, I agree....especially with PNG files.
I have never used 3rd person in AM, so I don't know how hard it would be to extend its capabilities.
GameKiller came up with a 1-click install, but I don't know how well it works.

Please let me know which item you would like me to show you first. One at a time! :shock: I am easily overwhelmed!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Re:Wishlist...

Postby Stitches » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:24 pm

as usual a quick response :) Ok so those are all spitballin ideas.

REET forget the mouseclick one... I just had a wee breakthrough. Months of awkward crud and I'm actually using Keyguard!!!! Just my luck it'd start working after all the meithering questions.

SINCERE APOLOGIES TO SHADOW HUNTER FOR THE MEITHER!

As it happened, after a compy corruption last October, I'd lost certain files... and kept others without knowing it (re Keyguard) So there was some odd conflict. I didn't have the right help file to a) show me how to register the oxc (inputting the code into the VBS options of the plugin!!!! Had no idea) and b) the registration of the keyguard.ocx with all the syswow registry stuff (which I noticed someone else having trouble with). I sincerely hope my gamers don't have to go through that stuff for the final games to work.

have a look at the rest renuened, see if there is anything else up there you think is possible. One I forgot to stir would be the idea of foreign sprites! Obviously if gif transparency worked with the gif animations, then this would work perfect. :D
cheers.

"All this time.... ~Love to~ you ocx files and regsvr32 not working as it should!!"
Again humble bow to SH :oops:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MaynardStaly/videos and http://libertycap.webs.com
“With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he’ll never know.”
Stitches

Re: Wishlist...

Postby ZeornWarlock » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:44 am

If this post by Stitches can make a good movement for AM's future features, I also vote for PNG for transparent animation use, GIF is so 90's! :P lol Nothing against retro adventure game design, but having more modern options like this would give us so much more possibilities with AM. Tablet/phone compatibility with full vbs coding is a must also if it's possible.
You have to make some to understand some.
ZeornWarlock
Expert Member

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion