problem installing .exe

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

problem installing .exe

Postby alex-89 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:05 pm

Hello everyone ... unfortunately I'm having a problem with installing the .exe file ... when he asks me to go ahead with the installation unfortunately hangs around me and takes out an error message ... what could be the problem? PS : before everything worked properly , but after installing some updates for the PC no longer works ... the OS is win 7
Thanks to all in advance :)
alex-89

Re: problem installing .exe

Postby reneuend » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:02 am

Did you have Adventure Maker already installed and now are getting an error trying to reinstall?
If so, be sure you "uninstall" first. Then when you reinstall be sure you have the latest version of Adventure Maker

What version of Adventure Maker are you using? Be sure you have the latest.

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling? Be sure to do this "as administrator". Right click on the Adventure Maker icon and set "run as administrator"

Please respond back on your progress. We will work this out.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby alex-89 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:53 am

Thank you for having responded yesterday ... no I have not tried to uninstall and reinstall AM I have not had time ... I try now and I'll know ... regarding the version is 4.1.6 ...
alex-89

Postby alex-89 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:13 pm

ok now uninstalled and reinstalled it works ... :D :D :D
alex-89

Postby reneuend » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:46 am

That's great news!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby alex-89 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:45 pm

sorry but unfortunately the problem has come back ... now even uninstalling and reinstalling still does not work installing the .exe file ... what the ~~didn't mean to swear~~ can that be? I do not know what to do ... this is what it looks ...

alex-89

Postby reneuend » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:03 pm

Hi alex.
I can't read the sparish error messages but since it worked aND then stopped working (was it after a Windows OS shutdown and startup?), my guess is your anti-virus software is disabling it. There is probably a setting in your anti-virus software to have it "trust" the Adventure Maker executable file. you could try checking if this is the case by disabling your antivirus software then reinstalling adventure maker and using it. Then shutting down Windows and starting it up again and try Adventure Maker again and see if it still works if it does then its the antivirus software for sure.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby alex-89 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:53 am

Hi reneuend ... I tried to do as you said but nothing du :cry: ... and anyway I wanted to specify one thing , the problem does not occur in the installation of Adventure Maker but installing the .exe executable file (the game created for instance )
It blocks the installation and displays the error message INSxxx.temp
(x stand for the numbers and letters that change every time ...)
alex-89

Postby alex-89 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:23 pm

news ... I tried to install the .exe file on another PC and it works :| ... then the problem is in my pc and not in AM ... at least I know that the .exe file runs without problems ... what I'll have to do is format the pC and reinstall everything ... I took off a weight ... thanks reneuend , you have been very kind ... :D
alex-89

Postby reneuend » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:46 am

You're right. I totally misunderstood the issue.
My suggestion should have been:
1. Be sure to turn off the anti-virus software before you download Adventure Maker and don't turn it back on until you know that Adventure Maker is installed and running properly.
2. Be sure you are trying to install exe as "administrator". (It might be a folder is not allowing it access)

I don't recall an install procedure for the EXE. So, I'm not sure what else it would be.

I'm glad you had another PC to use Adventure Maker. Let me know if there is anything else I can try to help resolve.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby alex-89 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:09 pm

Unfortunately I think that my pc has got a virus because I'm having a few problems even with the windows system ... and the antivirus is not able to delete it ... today I will format ...
Reneuend I think I understand what the problem was ... As soon as I finished to create the exe file with AM obviously I closed the program to avoid installation errors , since AM Recommend same . The problem is that even closing AM something , viruses , prevents it from being closed completely and I remain open in the background , giving me the error of installing the .exe file ... Absurd ! :?
alex-89

Postby reneuend » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:05 am

Very strange, indeed. :evil:

Be sure to come back to the forums after you rebuild. If you save files to add back to your computer after the rebuild, be sure they are clean!

Good luck!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Vengeance66 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:12 am

Too bad... :/

If you are having malware, spyware etc. you could try cleaning with Adwcleaner. It's a free tool that clears your Windows.
Stay a while and listen...

Rainbow Enterainment - http://rainbowenter.com/
Vengeance66
Administrator

Postby alex-89 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:20 am

thanks vengeance for the tool,i'll try it in the future, but I format to clean the entire pc ... :D
PS: thanx reneuend :D
alex-89

Postby skype6 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:30 pm

Yes, you have to be careful with viruses. They can be very inconvenient! By the way, I would suggest for example,if there are no other solutions:

http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner?r ... tr=4082247

or

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/ ( very good little program for malware's,etc..)

and

http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/di ... 350#block1
skype6
Frequent Poster

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion