Windows 10 compatibility?

This forum is meant for posting anything related to Adventure Maker that doesn't fit in the other forums.Please post technical questions in the Technical Support Forum!

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Windows 10 compatibility?

Postby drdna » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:34 pm

With Windows 7 becoming obsolete and Windows 10 coming out shortly, is there anything special we need to know that will effect AM? I'm running the Tech Release of Windows 10 and it's fantastic, with no problems creating games with AM so far. I just don't want to get too deep into a game design and have it stop working.
drdna

Re: Windows 10 compatibility?

Postby Vengeance66 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:21 pm

I don't think it will have problems. I use Windows 8.1 and as far as I see Windows 10 is somehow the same.

Hopefully, I hope it will work well. :)
Stay a while and listen...

Rainbow Enterainment - http://rainbowenter.com/
Vengeance66
Administrator

Re: Windows 10 compatibility?

Postby drdna » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:47 am

Windows 8 and 8.1 was an admitted mistake by Microsoft and was so buggy that they are offering Windows 10 for free for the first year because of it. Windows 10 is a rewrite ( They scrapped Windows 9 ), extremely stable, and not even close to Windows 8.1. I could go on and on about how bad Windows 8 was but I won't. However, if AM works well with 8.1, then there should be no issues with 10.

Anyway, as soon as my current project is done in about 3 months, I'm going to install Windows 10 on all my systems and REALLY test it. The next Tech release should be out by then. I'll post my results to these forums. I use scripts a lot in my projects so it should be a good test for Windows 10.
drdna

Return to Adventure Maker General Discussion