Question about creating iPhone games

This forum is meant for discussing the creation of software for iPhone and iPod touch.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Question about creating iPhone games

Postby codewriter30 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:26 pm

I saw a report on CNN's webstite about the creator of "Trism, the hottest new iPhone game". (video: www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/11/18/iphone.game ... nnSTCVideo)

In the report, he stated that in order to make and sell games, you have to go to Apple's website, join the iTune's store for $100.00 and that you would need a mac computer.

I'm a newb to gaming. Is this correct? Thank you for any info you can provide in setting me start.
codewriter30

Postby Lyberodoggy » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:02 pm

It must be true, because every company that owns a platform for which you can develop games offers a kit for that purpose and the licence to make profit from their product in exchange for a price.

While developing "games" for the IPhone with AM though you don't need to buy any other kit and you can sell your games through iGiki, but they will not be official
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby chickens1127 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:49 am

Exactly
Hi... It's Chickens1127...
CHINCHILLAS ROCK!

RIP Crazygamemaker
chickens1127
AM Magazine Moderator

Re: Question about creating iPhone games

Postby GM-Support » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:25 am

codewriter30 wrote:in order to make and sell games, you have to go to Apple's website, join the iTune's store for $100.00 and that you would need a mac computer.
I'm a newb to gaming. Is this correct?

Hi,

It is correct only if you want to create natively compiled applications. However, if you want to create web applications (such as those generated by Adventure Maker, and those that you can find here: http://www.apple.com/webapps/ ), you don't have those restrictions.

Regards,
GM-Support
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Return to Creating Software for iPhone and iPod Touch