Top Menu not wanted.

This forum is meant for discussing the creation of software for iPhone and iPod touch.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Top Menu not wanted.

Postby Sunny Day » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:20 pm

Ive made a book for Ipod in AM, I test it from the editor, at the top of it is a menu thing, it says exit, load, save, debug.
Is this menu thing also in the compiled application, I don't want this menu at the top of my book, the screen is already small without that huge menu at the top. I hope the size of the screen isn't compromised because of a menu, I originally made my book at 480x272 I think, then GM said it needed the size to be 480X268, so I had to re size all the pages, re sizing text does not go well in terms of looking crisp, but I wasn't going to re make all the pages to my book.

So my question is, does the menu at the top of the page that is seen in the test from the editor, is that in the final composed application.

Ive just checked the Apple site for the iphone and they say the screen is 480x320, so we are missing 52 pixels in AM then. Whats the deal here?
Sunny Day

Postby cpkspikyhair » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:50 am

Well, to answer your first question, the editor menu will not appear in the finished project. That is for helping you edit your game.

For your other question, the iPhone has two browser bars at the top and bottom of the Internet browser screen. This is where your missing pixels fit in. The reason AM makes it a smaller screen size is so the player doesn't have to scroll after every frame is loaded.
PSPPC GameMaker!! Where you can find PSP and PC games up for download!
cpkspikyhair
Games Page Administrator

Postby Sunny Day » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:01 am

Can the top bar menu be changed in colours? It would of been better to have it so that its a floating menu that drops down, that way it would be tucked out of the way when not in use, and one didnt lose any screen size.

Has anyone got an AM game on the iphone, Id love to see a screen grab to see what things look like loaded into the iphone and running.

Its a lot of pixels that are taken from the screen, Id love to see how this looks in game, we are talking 26 pixels at the top and 26 at the bottom, thats a lot.
Sunny Day

Postby cpkspikyhair » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:06 am

Unfortunately, the top and bottom menu bars are standard for the iPhone's web browser and cannot be altered or removed.

This is how the screen looks:
Attachments
IMG_0001.PNG
Screenshot.
IMG_0001.PNG (23.46 KiB) Viewed 4220 times
PSPPC GameMaker!! Where you can find PSP and PC games up for download!
cpkspikyhair
Games Page Administrator

Return to Creating Software for iPhone and iPod Touch