Apple - iPhone - App Store and Applications for iPhone

This forum is meant for discussing the creation of software for iPhone and iPod touch.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Apple - iPhone - App Store and Applications for iPhone

Postby Sunny Day » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:43 pm

Ill be finished with my AM application by the end of today, so Ill be starting to look into getting it in Apples store, anyone here had any experiance with this.
Sunny Day

Postby GM-Support » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:11 am

Hi,

You should be able to easily add it to the Apple Web Apps page at the following URL:
http://www.apple.com/webapps/

As far as the iTune's AppStore is concerned, you won't be able to put it there because it requires the game to be created with the XCode developer tools (which run on macs and requires programming), and a $100/year subscription to the iPhone Developer Program.

Best regards,
GM-Support

P.S. Before submitting your game to Apple, you must first upload it on a website (then, you submit a link to the uploaded files). Furthermore, before submitting it to Apple, please feel free to show it to us here on the forums, so that we can test it for you and give you some feedback shall there be any problems.
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Sunny Day » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:16 am

There seems to be two stores here, Apple Web Apps, and iTune's AppStore. I see people making great sales with iphone applications, I think my product could join them with great popularity. Are the ones getting great sales in the iTune's AppStore, and not the Apple Web Apps, I want the traffic, perhaps people dont visit the Apple Web Apps, in the same numbers.

Also what security is there for the Apple Web Apps, do they provide some form of wrapper or protection for the product, or do I do that. I dont want my application pirated.

It seems the Apple Web Apps is a link service, I looked at the items in it, and Apple just gives a web site link, so it seems its up to you to have a site and a download and a method of payment and delivery service of the product if I am not wrong?
Sunny Day

Postby GM-Support » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:42 pm

Sunny Day wrote:what security is there for the Apple Web Apps, do they provide some form of wrapper or protection for the product, or do I do that. I dont want my application pirated.

The security is the same as any website (your game is viewed as a website, and the images are like the different pages of the website).

Sunny Day wrote:It seems the Apple Web Apps is a link service, I looked at the items in it, and Apple just gives a web site link, so it seems its up to you to have a site and a download and a method of payment and delivery service of the product if I am not wrong?

You are right.
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Return to Creating Software for iPhone and iPod Touch