subscription based services available? Sell your app!

This forum is meant for discussing the creation of software for iPhone and iPod touch.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

subscription based services available? Sell your app!

Postby Sunny Day » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:09 am

I have an iphone web app, I want to sell it as a subscription, so I'm thinking the customer gets access to the web app for say 12 months. I want to know what services are available so I can do this.

They must be able to give the subscriber access, collect the payments and protect the access of the product, I don't want people downloading the product and then giving it out, I know you cannot save web apps on iphone, but a PC user could potentially download it to their PC, and then put it on a web site for free.

Sub note, I am interested in services that enable me to sell my game, I know we have ikikeki or whatever its called, but I dont think they have the trafic at all, I think you are better listing it in the apple web apps and then selling from your web site.
Sunny Day

Postby Lyberodoggy » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:05 pm

Without scripting, you have limited possibilities. If you were developing a pc game you would do this via registry values, but you can't do that for the iPhone, PSP and HTML platforms
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Re: subscription based services available? Sell your app!

Postby mercedes » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:35 pm

They must be able to give the subscriber access, collect the payments and protect the access of the product, I don't want people downloading the product and then giving it out, I know you cannot save web apps on iphone, but a PC user could potentially download it to their PC, and then put it on a web site for free.

Unfortunetly thats the way of it with all web applications that u can download..I'ts illegal..piracy..but ppl do it..:( You can however put a warning..against piracy..There is such things as copywright laws--Here is a site u may be able to uptain a copy of one to put in your game..

Hope that helps..

http://www.bsa.org/country.aspx
mercedes
VIP

Postby Sunny Day » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:47 pm

I have decided to buy a cheap mini mac and run phoneapp and convert it to a native app, then it can go in the Apple store
Sunny Day

let me know

Postby grapix » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:50 pm

let us know if u convert it
GraPix Entertainment - Visual FX | Animation | Game Development | Motion Pictures | Photo Restoration | Celebrity Products

GraPix - GraPix Entertainment.com
GraPix Celebrity - GraPixEntertainment.com/celebrity/
GraPix FotoFix - GraPixFotoFix.co.cc
grapix
Member of the month

Postby lacarrye » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:05 pm

If I'm not mistaken, you can use any affordable script to protect the link. Am I right? Even if user copy the link for later access, a password will be re queried. Please, let me know if this is possible. Thanks, Javier
lacarrye

Return to Creating Software for iPhone and iPod Touch