Apple Store or Apple iTunes.

This forum is meant for discussing the creation of software for iPhone and iPod touch.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Apple Store or Apple iTunes.

Postby alarm656 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:42 pm

Hello, has someone sent their iPhone game or application to the Apple Store yet? I have MacBook with OS X 10.0.4 Mountain Lion and Xcode 4.2. Also I have Windows XP computer (with it I'm running Adventure Maker). After couple of weeks I will finish my iPhone game. What I need to do that my game will be in Apple Store? I have to register in IOS Developer Center to pay 99$. Than how can I send my game to the Apple Store? I'm using 4.6 version of Adventure maker. Is my game will be computable with iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S or 5?? Please help((
alarm656

Re: Apple Store or Apple iTunes.

Postby Gumbro » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:05 pm

Adventure Maker does not produce native iOS apps, I'm afraid. That was the bad news.

The good news is that you do not have to submit your game to Apple. Just find a web server, such as Dropbox, and put your iPhone-exported game there. Make the folder public, publish the link to your game, and anyone with iPhone (or any device with javascript enabled browser) can play it.

For bigger screens, like iPad, try the experimental 'html export' feature in Adventure Maker, just make sure you do not resize your hotspots or they may end up wonky.

However, if you really need to put your game into App store as a native App, you will have to use a wrapper, such as PhoneGap, or use a service which converts your javascript game to a native App. Unless you have a lot of experience in using the Phone Gap, the second option is better, but will cost a bit.

And... You might want to look into iOS ebooks, especially if you have a Mac. The ebook functionality is good enough for making simple graphical adventure games, there is ebook software that produces native ebooks with validated code, which are easy to submit, and you do not need a developer licence, just register as ebook publisher.

Anyway, I recommed Adventure Maker and a web server.
Gumbro

Postby time-killer-games » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:54 pm

you can, look up PhoneGap.
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Postby alarm656 » Tue May 07, 2013 8:44 am

time-killer-games wrote:you can, look up PhoneGap.

Hi, thank you so much for your suggestions. Sorry for late answer. I already created native iOS game and now it is in App Store. I have created game with GameSalad. www.gamesalad.com

my game's name is "Locked Up" :D

here is App Store link: https://itunes.apple.com/kz/app/locked- ... 55102?mt=8
alarm656

Postby alarm656 » Tue May 07, 2013 8:51 am

Gumbro wrote:Adventure Maker does not produce native iOS apps, I'm afraid. That was the bad news.

The good news is that you do not have to submit your game to Apple. Just find a web server, such as Dropbox, and put your iPhone-exported game there. Make the folder public, publish the link to your game, and anyone with iPhone (or any device with javascript enabled browser) can play it.

For bigger screens, like iPad, try the experimental 'html export' feature in Adventure Maker, just make sure you do not resize your hotspots or they may end up wonky.

However, if you really need to put your game into App store as a native App, you will have to use a wrapper, such as PhoneGap, or use a service which converts your javascript game to a native App. Unless you have a lot of experience in using the Phone Gap, the second option is better, but will cost a bit.

And... You might want to look into iOS ebooks, especially if you have a Mac. The ebook functionality is good enough for making simple graphical adventure games, there is ebook software that produces native ebooks with validated code, which are easy to submit, and you do not need a developer licence, just register as ebook publisher.

Anyway, I recommed Adventure Maker and a web server.

Hi, thank you so much for your suggestions. Sorry for late answer. I already created native iOS game and now it is in App Store. I have created game with GameSalad. www.gamesalad.com

my game's name is "Locked Up"

here is App Store link: https://itunes.apple.com/kz/app/locked- ... 55102?mt=8
alarm656

Return to Creating Software for iPhone and iPod Touch