A couple new tunes

This forum is meant for showing off your music creations and getting feedback.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

A couple new tunes

Postby Chromegloss55 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:59 am

Just wanted to post two new compositions I did here, I still browse here from time to time, and always interested in an opinion:

Track 1

Track 2
Chromegloss - Vanishes and then re-appears at complete random. [Working on Advanced Section of VBScript guide]
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Postby mercedes » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:34 am

I liked them!

They both reminded me of animated- movie- suspense themes..:D
mercedes
VIP

Lovely

Postby Harvester » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:03 am

I like how movie-like they are, especially in regards of rhytm, variety, dynamics and instrument choice. There were also nice melodies in there, capturing the atmosphere very well! Great composition, I loved them both -the first one was rather interesting, the second a more captivating one!

What do you intend to use them for?

Harvester
*** www.nikotinzenekar.hu <-2011. album titled 'Mese' free to download! (5th button). *** www.mydarkmind.atw.hu <- under construction for a while.
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby reneuend » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:24 pm

Wow! Awesome!!! These could be used as an intro to a mystery/detective game.

In fact, I wouldn't mind using it in my next Michael Shayne game if it's available! *wink*

What tool did you use to build this music?
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Vengeance66 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:55 pm

Really interesting music! I like the first one, although the second one sounds mysterious too...

Keep up the great work!
Stay a while and listen...

Rainbow Enterainment - http://rainbowenter.com/
Vengeance66
Administrator

Postby Chromegloss55 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:39 pm

Thanks so much for all the comments and feedback. :)

Harvester wrote:I like how movie-like they are, especially in regards of rhytm, variety, dynamics and instrument choice. There were also nice melodies in there, capturing the atmosphere very well! Great composition, I loved them both -the first one was rather interesting, the second a more captivating one!

What do you intend to use them for?

Harvester

I composed both of these for an animation that my friend and I are currently working on.

Thanks a lot for the compliments. I'm definitely glad you found it "varied". I try to avoid repeating the same thing too much. I like keeping it fresh and interesting if I can. That's one of the most important things to me. And it's nice when it comes from someone who is musically talented themselves.

reneuend wrote:In fact, I wouldn't mind using it in my next Michael Shayne game if it's available! *wink*

Thanks for the compliment! Unfortunately these tunes are already dedicated to another project, but I wouldn't mind taking a look at your game. Maybe I could write something for it. :)

What tool did you use to build this music?

I used a variety of stuff. First was my pen and paper for sketching down some ideas. I use FL Studio to sequence it. The backbone of my orchestrations uses the EastWest sample libraries, along with some other sample libraries I've picked up over the years. I also use some soft synths and occasionally soundfonts. I'm quite fond of Absynth. I then work to mix down the music into its main components (strings, brass, bass etc.) and then work to achieve a final mix. I also use SONAR from time to time and I use Finale when I want to produce music sheets or write using music notation.

However I have to say I owe a lot of my music progress to AM's included. music maker. That's really one of the places where I started to get a good grip of midi sequencing, and gradually moved up from there. I didn't know very much about music theory or how to write properly for specific instruments. But I had music in my head I wanted to write and it's great after years of practising composition I can finally do it much closer to the way I want. I still have plenty left to learn, but I'll always be glad I came across that free little program that helped me along the way.

Best,
Chromegloss - Vanishes and then re-appears at complete random. [Working on Advanced Section of VBScript guide]
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

Postby reneuend » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:00 pm

Thanks for the explanation. Now that I know, I think I'll leave the music making to the professionals! LOL.

I"m currently working on "Rotten Luck", which uses music created by Harvester.

I have the story done for the next Michael Shayne game, but I"m currently working on the graphics. I've decided it is best to wait until the game is done and then add the music.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Chromegloss55 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:44 am

Hah, well I'd hardly call myself a professional, I mostly do it for a hobby.

Got another track up:

Track 3
Chromegloss55
Forum Master

This is very

Postby Harvester » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:16 pm

This one is very nice! In contrast with the previous ones, I could imagine this as also as a background tune for a game.

Harvester
*** www.nikotinzenekar.hu <-2011. album titled 'Mese' free to download! (5th button). *** www.mydarkmind.atw.hu <- under construction for a while.
Harvester
Forum Master

Return to Music