The Curse of Foulmere

Games that never made it to the light of day.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

The Curse of Foulmere

Postby Lambo » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:24 am

Greetings to all,

I just joined the forums, I own the full version of AM and I'm currently making a game. Here's the basic storyline/plot:

The game is set in the early 14th century in the fictional English kingdom of Foulmere. You take the role of Sir Nicholas Malory, a noble knight, who ends up being cursed after a battle with the necromancer Mordred The Fearsome. In order to save his soul, Sir Nicholas must kick a major amount of evil butt and it is guaranteed the player will have an equal amount of fun!

The game will feature hand drawn graphics, some puzzles and humor. But the main thing which will seperate it from the other adventure games will be the combat system - I'm aiming for a turn-based RPG-like combat system. I'm sorry for not showing any screens right now, I just couldn't wait to announce the game.

Also, if anyone would like to help, it would be appreciated. You guys can decide if you want to help after I post the first screenshots. The main thing I need help with is scripting, I will try to learn variables, but if anyone could help with the combat system, it would be fantastic. If you help, you will get full credit and your name will be listed in the title screen.

Thanks for reading this!
Lambo

Postby reneuend » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:09 pm

Cool! My kids absolutely love these type of games!

It's nice to see new members coming onboard!

A small suggestion from someone who learned the hard way: To get up to speed quickly, build small projects and try different things. You'll learn all the nuances of AM (Adventure Maker). The plugins make all the difference for AM, especially ShadowHunter's plugins like keyguard and hotspot magic to name a couple.

I can help with the scripting, but I'll need to understand what you need for the combat system. Arcade style is not achievable with out-of-the-box AM. I haven't even attempted to build something with sprites in AM.

It sounds like you'll need to use the latest KeyGuard plugin. The cursor will be the knight's arm and weapon. User clicks on something and the arm swings on its opponent and if you are like my kids, it takes several attempts to finish the poor sap off! :twisted:

Anyway, I did something similar with Texas Shoot Em, but it was one shot-one kill! :)
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby Mystery » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:53 pm

Welcome to the forums Lambo :)

Your game sounds very interesting, a pretty ambitious plan for a first game :) If you need help with scripting you can always come here - if you provide a detailed description what you need, I'm sure you'll be helped.

I look forward to the first screenshots :)
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Lambo » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:46 pm

Thanks for the comments!

I did a sketch of Sir Nicholas (the main character, in case you missed that) and I need to get it scanned, but that will probably happen tomorrow (or in the worst case, on Monday).

Also, here's basically how the graphics will be done on the game - I draw them with a pencil and a sharpy, I scan them and I open them in Corel Draw. I color them and turn them into vector images (so I can resize them in any way without quality loss). Then I put the different characters and backgrounds together in a single picture and I import into Adventure Maker.
Lambo

Return to Vaporware Games