Ideas for BBB issues

This forum is dedicated to the AM magazine.

Moderators: Vengeance66, Harvester, GM-Support, reneuend, Lyberodoggy, Candle, Mystery, ShadowHunter, chickens1127

Ideas for BBB issues

Postby Vengeance66 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:57 am

I really enjoy BBB issues. I even had articles written for the last issue about my experiences with game making and how to make certain things.

For the next issue, my ideas would be to see how to create fog for cemetery night scenes. Some tips, tricks or tutorials.

Also, maybe someone will help in talking about the logic of making custom inventory. The process and the logic of how it will work.

I'll think about topics to write about for next issue.

This is just for ideas... don't worry, I'm not asking you to do it. :-)
Stay a while and listen...

Rainbow Enterainment - http://rainbowenter.com/
Vengeance66
Administrator

Re: Ideas for BBB issues

Postby Simon » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:28 pm

Hey good idea V66 ! Let's add here "experiences with game making, and how to make certain things" !

So for the fog, just use a Z depth in photoshop/after effects/or gimp !
http://www.mathiesonfacer.com/featured/ ... og-in-one/

Also for those interested, I had posted some advice in the thread of TKG's Art, in order to improve 3D pictures :
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5939
Nothing very difficult, just some usual tips !

For the custom inventory, I think I'm not the best person to help :D
Simon
Expert Member

Re: Ideas for BBB issues

Postby reneuend » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:26 pm

I had created a unique inventory using KeyGuard's then new image cursor feature a couple years ago. Basically, it allowed the player to carry a small number of objects and access them with the mouse wheel. The rest of the inventory was stored in a rucksack. When they wanted to carry something else, they would pull it from their rucksack. The objects themselves were image cursors. This required some fairly heavy coding, so I probably wouldn't put it in BBB, but I will try to build a template or plugin in the future for this.

What idea did you have for a custom inventory? PM me and maybe I can code it for the BBB.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Return to AM Magazine