Script execution message[Solved]

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Script execution message[Solved]

Postby peTRE » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:59 am

Hi again,

As we stride forward to melt backgrounds, sprites and hotspots together for a new quest, we always when we test a frame OR the whole project get an anoying message before the test launches which says;

"The script you are executing is taking longer than expected to run. Click End to abort the script, or Continiue to execute the script execution."

It always starts, even if we don't hit any buttons, but I'm a little concerned for the progress, though specially when we one day is going to compile it and distribute it, will this error continiue home to the end user?

As I said, it works all fine, but I don't like the sound in that message. Is it to heavy graphics we use? To heavy sprite load (sprite package is aprx. 6MB)? To many hotspots or is it only an error which automatically comes when it has gone som time and the test hasn't launched yet?

All answears is welcome,

peTRE
..:: Ongoing project in AM , due to release 2nd Q '06::..
peTRE

Postby ShadowHunter » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:40 am

Hi,

You can download HotSpot Magic from my website and you will find a Tweak and Options button.

You can define the time before that message appears... See the included help for more details.

This will fix your problem :wink:

Best regards,

ShAdOwHuNtEr
ShadowHunter
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby GM-Support » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:11 pm

Hi,

As you said, it is due to the heavy sprite load.

You can solve it by telling AM not to display this warning message when the script takes too long to execute.

To do so, you can either use the ShadowHunter's method, or you can manually open with notepad the file "More" that is inside the "Config" sub-folder of your project folder, and then add the following line to the "General" section:

Code: Select all
ScriptTimeOut = -1

Best regards,
GM-Support
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby peTRE » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:22 pm

Hey,

To both, thanks for great support. The error is now gone, and we're back on track!

Again, thanks alot, both!!

peTRE & saLTaBaR
..:: Ongoing project in AM , due to release 2nd Q '06::..
peTRE

Postby Skye » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:34 pm

I realize that you have solved the problem but it can also occur when a piece of scripting goes awry and the engine gets caught in a loop.

SKye
Skye
Expert Member

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports