Change Default Cursor?

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Change Default Cursor?

Postby Rooster » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:21 pm

Hi.

In the help document it says about the command Action.ChangeDefaultCursor

"Dynamically changes the default cursor (the one that you can also change from the "Options" tab of the "Project Properties" window). The syntax is:..."

When I use this command, ALL cursors change, even the ones defined for each hotspot, which means that I can't see them anymore when I drag the mouse pointer over them... Have I misunderstood the functionality of this command?

Thanks for any help

/Rooster
Rooster

Postby GM-Support » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:28 pm

Hi Rooster,

I am going to do a few tests on my computer to see if this happens to me as well.

Thanks,
Best regards,
GM-Support
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Same Problem

Postby BBP_BigBadPeanut » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:14 pm

Hello This problem also occurs to me aswell for example what happened to me I was making a AVI and did not want the Cursor in the way so I used Action.ChangeDefaultCursor "Invisible.ico" then when it finished I chose Action.ChangeDefaultCursor "" which brings it back to its Default cursor after that i Hoverd over one of my hotspots and the cursor would not change to the one that I had chosen In the Hotspot Props. Is the any solution to this problem?? :cry: As i do not want the Mouse in the way of my AVI's ( Company Logo Intro ) and also dont want to stick with default cursor on everything LoL Thanks BBP_bigbadpeanut
BBP_BigBadPeanut
Frequent Poster

Postby Rooster » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:18 am

Hi again.

Any luck with the testing, GM?

/Rooster
Rooster

Postby GM-Support » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:29 am

Hi,

It's still on my "to-do" list. Hope to tackle the problem for the next release.

GM-Support
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Bortdafarm » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:28 am

how about a mini work round for now--haven't tried it but perhaps renaming the invisible cursor graphic file itself to replace the default cursor--i'm not sure which the default cursor actually is tho--is it in the normal cursor graphic folder or is hard coded?

this would get rid of it during the avi intro without having to use the vb script command? (using a hotspot change cursor even to bring it back on screen to get things rolling)
Bortdafarm

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports