Unstable...

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Unstable...

Postby Rooster » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:02 pm

Hi

Adventure Maker seems to crash at least once a week, resulting in either lost of frames data or in the worst scenario all frames were lost.

We can of course restore the project through our backups but nevertheless it's very frustrating to loose a couple of hours work.

In my case this occurs when I'm in test mode and it often happens to frames with a lot of hotspots.

We are running under Adventire Maker Version 4.2.0 build 4, Full Edition, (registered of course).

P.S I would be very interesting to know what you (GM-Support) are working on regarding the next version of AM.

Thanks in Advance

Rooster
Rooster

Postby GM-Support » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:27 pm

Hi Rooster,

If you wish to greatly increase stability, I strongly suggest you to disable the Full-Screen background of the user interface. To do so, click "Preferences" from the AM main menu and then click "Quit Full Screen Mode".

However, due to the way AM is implemented (set of files, one file per frame), I cannot see how you could lose all your frames. I hope this doesn't happen often to you, as that would be really very strange.

I will try to release a new version of AM during April. I will post the expected features soon.

Best regards,
GM-Support
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Rooster » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:30 pm

Hi!

Just to clearify, these problems only occur in test mode. The result is that every hotspot is erased from the frame.

Best Regards

Rooster
Rooster

Postby Skye » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:36 am

Rooster wrote:Hi!

Just to clearify, these problems only occur in test mode. The result is that every hotspot is erased from the frame.

Best Regards

Rooster

Hi Rooster,

If it's any consolation, I too have had numerous occassions when a frame simply loses all it's hotspot info, however it has generally occurred when I go to open (double click) on the frame to view or adjust one of the properties. Apart from keeping a mirror copy of your game it's frustrating to have to remember what all the info contained in the lost hotspots was.

If you encounter this when you do a double click to edit the frame and it gives you that message box with the various options - one of which is to delete the hotspot and load the next one (or something similar), click on cancel to close the message box. Sometimes this will keep your information intact. . .

Skye
Skye
Expert Member

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports