Run error message

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Run error message

Postby Mystery » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:49 pm

Hi
I haven't found this topic here so I'm sorry if it has already been posted.

Most people encounter no problem when playing my Dwarf Land Adventure. However there is one player who gets always a run error message (always at the same 3 places/stages of the game). The player has restarted several times but it's always the same. I don't understand what the problem could be since a lot of other players have no problems at all. The player uses Windows XP so that shouldn't be a problem.
I post the screen shot of the error message that the player sent me.

Does anyone have an idea how we could solve this problem?
Thank you in advance!
Attachments
Error message .jpg
Error message
Error message .jpg (58.22 KiB) Viewed 3082 times
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Mystery » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:06 pm

I just received another screenshot. The player informed me that first this one appeared and then the other one that I have already posted. Then the program crashes.
Is it a problem of the kind of player that the player uses? What should I recommend to him/her?
Attachments
Error message Dwarf Land_2.jpg
Error message Dwarf Land_2.jpg (43.26 KiB) Viewed 3076 times
Mystery

Postby Candle » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:45 pm

That has been posted before but i forgot why it happens. I think it has something to do with windows and a program not releasing the drivers for the sound? it is not Am it is windows . make sure they don't have any programs running that would use the sound card like windows media player.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby Mystery » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:05 pm

The only topic I found was about a conflict between AM and Quick Time Player / i Tunes.
I tested my game with different media players set as standard players (including Quick Time and i Tunes) but had no problems at all.
I'm in touch with this player and asked now if he/she was running another program at the same time and what media player is set for standard. I hope that we can solve the problem.

I got the answer: she/he was only running Outlook and Firefox at the same time and has Windows Media Player as standard player. Strange, I stil don't understand what the problem is.
Mystery

Postby Candle » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:42 pm

Have them run the game after a fresh reboot and have not run anything else and see if it happens.
``````````````
Candle
Administrator

Postby Mystery » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:48 pm

I already told him/her to reboot, but still the same problem. And I think he/she is tired of those problems and the game now :cry:

So, I'll leave it now and hope that this was really an individual problem of this player. I know that a lot of people played it already without major problems, so this is a good sign. But somehow I felt a bit responsible to give this player an advice.

Thank you (again!) very much for your hints and ideas, Candle :D
Mystery

Postby Candle » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:37 pm

``````````````
Candle
Administrator

Postby Mystery » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:40 pm

Well, this isn't the same topic, but still a problem of another player of my game, so I decided to put it here. He wrote me:
"When I try to run it, a popup comes up saying that my display is set to large font and that this runs best on small font and won't work properly on large fonts and suggests I change it, but I don't have a small fonts setting for my display and when I play the game, it makes itself into a larger box and sometimes the images move around." And he says that usually he doesn't experience problems with downloadable games.
Is this an issue of the settings of the screen? Does it have to do with a conflict with AM?
Mystery

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports