Need script or plugin

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Need script or plugin

Postby Harvester » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:53 pm

I don't know who to post this, so I opened a topic for it...
So i guess some of you know Fahrenheit Indigo Prophecy (or at least those games which can be played on dvd players :) ) So there are the parts where you press the specified button (let's say one of the arrow keys on your keyboard) at the moment when it is flashed on the screen. If you do it correctly, the video is continued; if not, let's say you are dead. So is this possible to create in AM too?
I don't know the script language or anything, but I'd like to have something like in my games, and I geuss it can come handy for the others too. So any solution?
So: there is a video file playing (fullscreen), and at some moments an indicator flashes on the screen (that is not needed in the script, because it can be created in the video editor program). It should check if you pressed the correct key in the right moment or not, and if not, it should lead to another frame. And because at some slower computers the videos are not loaded in immediately, the countdown to the first moment should start when the video is loaded in...
For me it seems complicated, but i hope it can be solved...
Harvester
Forum Master

Postby ShadowHunter » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:38 pm

Hi,

Yes, that should be possible :D

Two things you can do:

You can include makers into your movie or audio file then when you create the Windows Media Player object in Adventure Maker you can use several methods:

- Player6.Getmarkername
- Player6.Getmarkertime

Check it out:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwmt/html/wmp7_markers.asp

Win32 and Com Development -> Graphics and Multimedia -> Audio and Video -> SDK Documentation -> Windows Media Player 6.4 SDK -> Now look for the 6.4 Object Model Reference.

Or you can use the Player6.currentime property... so you know the time an movie is really playing.

And then of course use KeyGuard to detect the space bar.

Sounds hard (and yes it is not so easy if you have never done it before) but just try and you will for sure find the solution !

Kind regards,

ShAdOwHuNtEr
ShadowHunter
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports