I can't download am240. :(

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

I can't download am240. :(

Postby Podrix » Mon May 01, 2006 5:47 pm

I try to start the download but it won't work. This error message appears:

Connection to proxy failed. (Err:No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.)
While trying to download am240_build4_do_not_redistribute_this_file.exe#

...And that same message when I try to download things from other websites too. Please help!

:(
Creating an online community.. thought an adventure might be cool for users to play.
Podrix

Postby Mystery » Mon May 01, 2006 6:54 pm

It seems that you use a proxy that doesn't allow you to download programs. Where I worked before it was the same (only administrators were permitted to do so). Do you have this problem at home or where you work?

Or maybe it is a firewall problem that causes that the downloads are blocked.
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Podrix » Tue May 02, 2006 5:20 pm

It's at home. How do I solve it?
Creating an online community.. thought an adventure might be cool for users to play.
Podrix

Postby Mystery » Tue May 02, 2006 5:28 pm

I would suggest you to read this as it tells you possible causes and explaines what could be done:
http://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/index.php/58

Hope it helps. :)
Mystery

Postby Podrix » Wed May 03, 2006 7:50 pm

Thankyou!!!

I mananged to download it, and a icon thingy popped up on my desktop. I clicked it to try and run it but the following message appeard:

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc00005). Click on OK to terminate the application.

:(
Podrix

Postby Mystery » Wed May 03, 2006 9:00 pm

I don't know what was the problem before - was it your firewall? If so, it might block the initialization process again. If your firewall was the problem before (for the downloads) you might have to adjust your firewall settings so that Adventure Maker is located at the unrestricted application section.
And did you try to reboot your pc - sometimes this helps aswell. Post if my tipps so far don't help, then I will think about other solutions.

Or somebody else on this forums knows a solution right away.
Mystery

Postby Podrix » Thu May 04, 2006 6:40 pm

I think it was something to do with the FPT, not shure though, my dad fixed it after reading the faq page you gave me and he fiddled about with the settins of a programme called Download Accelerator Plus.

Also, can you make a hotspot in the game link to another webpage outside of the game?
Podrix

Postby Candle » Thu May 04, 2006 6:43 pm

Put in the hotspot
Code: Select all
Action.OpenURL "ENTER_URL_HERE"
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby Podrix » Fri May 05, 2006 6:37 pm

Thanks but i've not got it running yet lol.

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc00005). Click on OK to terminate the application. "

:cry:
Podrix

Postby Mystery » Sat May 06, 2006 12:47 am

To my knowledge your error message is a rather general "stop" message that can have different causes.

To run .exe files it is often needed that you have administrator rights. Also an antivirus programm can prevent to initialize a new programm. Another cause for such a message can be due to false settings of virtual memory. A missing file or a wrong registry entry is another possibility. And the settings of your pc to run .exe files can also have influence.

As you see, there are different possibilities. Some ideas:
First I would try to deinstall AM, reboot your pc and download AM again.
Next: it is also possible that your pc settings are disabling the execution of initialization processes. To check this, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click System. Click the Advanced tab. Then, under Performance, click Settings. Click the Data Execution Prevention tab. Make sure there that AM is added as application that should be permitted to run.
If this still doesn't help you could disable your antivirus program for a short time and see if the initialization process works if it is turned down.
Sometimes it can help to turn off virtual memory optimization if you have turned it on.

These are only some ideas, I hope that one of them can help. Otherwise an expert on these things will be needed.
Mystery

Postby Podrix » Sun May 07, 2006 5:03 pm

Okay thanks, it's sorted. :D
Podrix

Postby Mystery » Sun May 07, 2006 6:06 pm

Great to hear that it worked! :)

Just curious: Do you know how this problem could be solved at last? Maybe this could help in future other people who experience the same problem.
Mystery

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports