Poor video looping performance

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Poor video looping performance

Postby Saxbryn » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:29 pm

Hi,

I just tried to loop a 352*288 wmv video clip, which is only about four seconds long and 261 KB's small. The result was rather disappointing and really cannot be described as proper looping methinks. At first, the clip hangs for about two seconds at the first frame until it starts play. If this happens for the first time, just after the screen with the video hotspot has appeared, it can be excused as a loading delay. However, after having played the four seconds of video, the clip hangs again, this time at the last frame. And shortly after once again at the first frame, which causes the following optical pattern:

still image. <----------- animation ---------------> still image. still image. <----------- animation ---------------> still image. still image. etc.

How can I avoid this? The clip is taken with a digital camera and pretty dark, so I cannot allow it to lose detail per GIF conversion. Besides, the MS GIF animator does neither like the RAW avi out of the camera nor the cut PAL DV exported in Ulead VideoStudio and I don't know any other converter that isn't actually share- or even adware. Help would be heavily appreciated, as the clip completely loses its optical effect when not fluently looped. Thx in advance.

Regards,
Saxbryn
"AdventureMaker Free Edition" user
Saxbryn

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports