transparency problem

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

transparency problem

Postby kaz » Sun May 13, 2007 10:21 am

Hi

I am trying to add a flash movie (SWF) to my game. I've created the SWF file in Morpheus Photo Morpher using transparent gifs and saved them as SWFs with the alpha file saved to allow for transparency. I've tested the files on a website using Internet Explorer which proves that the transparency is maintained.

However, when I import the SWF file into Adventure Maker frames, the area that should be transparent is coming out white.

I am using SWF rather than animated Gifs because all my animated gif files will not stop looping once they have been imported into AM.

So my questions are:

How do you make SWF files retain transparency in AM?
How do you stop animated gifs from looping in AM?

If neither of these can be resolved in AM, what should I do to incorporate animation in my game where I need to retain transparency?

Hope someone can answer these questions for me.

Thanks
kaz

Postby Candle » Sun May 13, 2007 6:41 pm

use the Gif Sequence Player v1.0 to retain transparency you need.
http://www.adventuremaker.com/plugins.htm
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby kaz » Mon May 14, 2007 12:20 am

Thanks for your reply. I have tried using the Gif plug in but as I said, although that works for transparency, I can't stop it from looping and even if there is a way around that problem, there is that horrible white square which flashes on just as the gif loads.

I really would prefer to use a SWF file to play my animation. Just in case you meant that switching on the gif plug in somehow affected the transparency of the SWF, I switched it on in the project preferences but sadly my SWF still appeared in a white box (I'll try anything).

Just so I know, are you saying that AM does not support alpha channels in SWF files? Is there no way of playing a flash file which includes transparency? If so, how do I stop my gif animations from looping even when I've saved the original gif animation to play only once, and finally, is there an easy way to stop that white box from flashing on the screen just as a gif animation loads.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
kaz

Postby Candle » Mon May 14, 2007 12:31 am

Far as I know it doesn't , but others may know better.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports