compiling

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

compiling

Postby Anadae » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:10 pm

well since i seem to be the only one having this problem. I got part of my game working fine and i wanted to upload to a personal website i am working on. I put in a link for download, but i can only get the download to work on my computer. But no others. I think i am saving it under a wrong file ext. I am not sure. how can i save my work and have it work on another computer that may not have adventure maker installed.

i know stupid question, but my knowledge in this particular area is pathetic. So please respond like i am a little slow.
thanks
:?
Anadae
Anadae

Postby Mystery » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:16 pm

Hi Anadae, welcome to the forums :)

To create a stand-alone executable (.exe file) that runs on other pc's without Adveture Maker installed, you need the full version. On the Project Menu you find "Create Executable (.exe)".

With the free version of Adventure Maker, you can compile your game to an .am1 file, and your players need to have the free version also have installed in order to play it.

I hope that clears your question :)
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Thank you

Postby Anadae » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:31 pm

alright that explains that. thank you mystery. I just downloaded this program yesterday. I was so excited i got a third done of my first game already.
are you the same mystery on the gamershood forums?
thanks now i can stop feeling stupid.
Anadae
Anadae

Postby Mystery » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:37 pm

Wow, you've been busy from the beginning, sounds great! :D

Yes, I'm the same person ;)

I hope that you continue to enjoy Adventure Maker, good luck for your game! :) Let us know when you have finished it.

(Btw, to create more simple games, you can also use the new features: games for iPhone/iPod Touch that also run in the browser :))
Mystery

games

Postby Anadae » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:02 pm

I thought it was you. I love gamershood, and i already love this software. i have been wanting to do my own games for a long time i already had graphics and even an animation made over a year ago to make a game. I just didn't have the appropriate software to put it all together. This first one will probably stink but i could post a link for you when i am done with it.

I am seriously thinking of buying the full commercial version. I will have to talk to my main investor though ( my husband :wink: ). I will have to convince him it will be worth the investment.
Anadae
Anadae

Postby Mystery » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:08 pm

Yeah, post a link when your game is finished if you like :)

Hehe, well, Christmas is very near, right? ;) *hint hint*

Btw, if you don't plan to sell your games, you might consider the full non-commercial version. This has all features, but you are only allowed to create freeware games with it (or create projects that you don't earn money from).

Again, good luck with your game, and have fun with Adventure Maker :D
Mystery

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports