Sharing a finished Game?

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Sharing a finished Game?

Postby Lina820 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:20 am

I'm creating my 1st game, so yes I'm a noob and I'm sorry for asking such a simple question (That I just can't find the answer to, yes I have done a search)

So I want to know is how to share the game over the internet. Is there a way to embed it in a web page? Whenever I try to save the finished game it only lets me open save it as a .am1 file. Which doesn't do me much good if I want to share it with people that don't have this software. I know there is a way to save it as an .exe file, but that's only for the full version (which I don't have) I was wondering if there was another way besides buying the full version.

Thank you so much for reading this, I'd be greatful if someone helped me. Once again so much for your time.
Lina820

Postby Mystery » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:37 am

Hi Lina820, welcome to the forums :)

Don't worry, every kind of question is welcome, even simple ones ;)

With the free version of AM, you can only create an .am1 file for downloadable games. To play these, your players have to install the free version of Adventure Maker on their pc's, too.
To be able to create a stand alone executable (.exe file), you need the full version. In this case your players don't need to install AM on their pc's.

Downloadable games cannot be embedded in websites (neither .am1 files, nor .exe files), they must be downloaded from your homepage, and installed by the user.

With the new version of AM, you can however create simple games for the iPhone and iPod Touch, which can be played online, in the built-in Safari web browser. And there is also a (currently experimental) feature to export simple games into HTML format.
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Lina820 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:40 am

Thank you so much for the help. I guess I'll have to start thinking about getting the full version, or getting everyone to download Adventure Maker (which would be a good thing since it is an amazing program) Thank you so much for your help.
Lina820

Postby Mystery » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:09 am

Yes, with the full version you have a lot more possibilities, so if you enjoy to create games, it's really worth to think about it. :)
But the free version isn't that big to download for your players either.

In any case I wish you good luck with your projects, and hope that you continue to enjoy using Adventure Maker :)
Mystery

Postby Lina820 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:25 am

I decided to buy the full version, but now I'm having problems updating the free version. (I'm so slow at times) or does it come in a cd, I don't think it does though.
Lina820

Postby Mystery » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:43 am

Great, congrats! :)

After purchase, you should receive an email with instructions how to turn your free edition into a full edition (according to the information on the AM website within one hour).
Mystery

Postby Lina820 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:45 am

So far I've only recived an email saying that I've paid, it doesn't have anything else on it. Does that mean that there is another email that will come?

Edit: I got the email. Thank you so much for your help! :)
Lina820

Postby Mystery » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:51 am

No problem, I'm glad that everything has worked.

Have a lot of fun creating your projects! :)
Mystery

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports