Greek font

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Greek font

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:35 am

Well... The lack of a greek font or ISO or Unicode coding is resulting in not displaying greek text properly, something that is very bothering concidering that I've worked on translating menus and scripts in greek and now they cannot be used... One solution would be writing in greeklish (Greek with Latin characters), but that is not what I want... I would like a fix which allows Adventure Maker to display greek text. Could the creators release such a fix for AM 3.x and later and include it in any versions in the future?
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby GM-Support » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:53 pm

Hello Lyberodoggy,

Thanks for your request.

This is a problem that is not as simple as it may seem to solve. Its origin is the lack of unicode support in VB6. Most of the controls provided by VB6 are ANSI-only. We already spent a lot of time trying to fix it once and for all. We worked particularly hard on this matter when we tried to translate AM itself into other non-western languages such as japanese, etc., which we abandoned for the moment because we faced a lot of problems, especially due to the diversity of the controls used in the AM interface.

For the moment there is no easy solution that works for all the languages.

However, as far as Greek is concerned, it may be possible to solve the problem by using a Greek-only font (as opposed to a multilingual font) which has the character numbers similar to those of their western equivalents, as suggested by Bzyk on this topic. He created a game in Polish language, which can be found on this website (click "download" from the very top-right corner of the page).

Adventure Maker can include fonts in the distribution package of your games, and it is possible to change the fonts of the interface via VBScript, so let me know if you need help doing so.

Thank you again and best regards,
GM-Support
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:34 pm

Ok, thanks GM... Looking forward to full support.
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports