Help with scripting some dialogue.

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Help with scripting some dialogue.

Postby Haze » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:17 pm

Hi guys,

I'm working on a mystery/horror project (check out my thread in the art section if you want an idea of the style) and I've gotten to the dialogue stage. I've got voice actors, so there is some audio for each line. I could really use a hand with scripting it though, I'm having some trouble. I could probably get the hang of it after a few scenes but I'm at a bit of a loss so far, I could really use someone to walk me through the first few conversations.

I basically need someone to explain all the codes involved and be prepared to answer a few stupid questions from me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'll credit you for helping, of course.

Either message, or if it's any easier, feel free to add me to MSN: itsthatjayguy@hotmail.co.uk
Kiss the witches.
Haze

Postby Lyberodoggy » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:25 pm

Dear Haze

You are going to need ShadowHunter's EZTalk plugin.
After registering it and reading its documentation, if you still are having issues with the scripting part (which is carefully explained in the help file of the plugin), please post here your exact issue and I will try to help you. Unless you download the plugin I mentioned you won't be able to use audio over the dialogues.
You can find it here
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Imari » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:29 pm

Have you tried doing this with ShadowHunter's EZTalk plug-in? I'd recommend using that before alunching into scripting it yourself. No sense in reinventing the wheel, if you don't have to. :)

Edit: Cross post.... like Lyberodoggy said. :lol:
Imari
VIP

Postby Lyberodoggy » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:34 pm

Yep! But it seems that Haze already uses the plugin and has problems with its scripting part (I had recommended EZTalk to him, but I didn't remember it before posting)...
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Haze » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:49 pm

I am indeed using EZtalk, but still having a few issues with the codes involved with some of the specific things I'm trying to do. Lyberdoggy is helping at the minute though!
Kiss the witches.
Haze

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports