PlaySound longer with timed Event Can this work?

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

PlaySound longer with timed Event Can this work?

Postby mercedes » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:43 am

Hi there
Am i able to play sound in Advanced tab..I want to play a clip but its short..i would like to play it for a few seconds...Is this possible..?

I know i can loop forever..but i don't want them to have to click a hotspot to stop it from playing...and it won't let me put it in the Frames advanced. I t keeps telling me Mediaplayer does'nt support this method..error.

Thanks..~
Peace
Adieux
Last edited by mercedes on Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
mercedes
VIP

Postby Candle » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:17 am

Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:36 am

That looks awesome..!~ I was looking at it a while ago as well...but it looks like it too can only do... loop or no loop..False or True.. Am i missing something..?
If it can't happen i can keep searching for an audio that will match what I'm looking for..Looking for a faxclicking sound not a beeping one....that is a bit longer than 2 seconds..which is all i have found..

Either way..thanks for response..:D

Peace
mercedes
VIP

Postby Candle » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:52 am

Sorry i though it did that. maybe GM knows about the run so many times.
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby Mystery » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:57 am

Just a thought: You could use a timed event (Play Sound, then a few seconds later Stop Sound).
Would that work?
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby mercedes » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:39 am

Yes thats what i had hoped for a timed event..thought of it afterwards..Have it set to play it for so many seconds.
Cause some of the sounds i have are good they're just too short..and I don't like to download all the time.. ..I would think that because you can with the Audio tab..fade or whatever..you could with code..~ Then StopSound..once they click the spot that might stop the sound..[like a fax machine..grab paper and sounds stops]

If someone has an idea for a timed event with sound..using "Fade" too That would be soo cool...:D
What does it mean when it says at the bottom of Audio tab where it says "fade duration..2 seconds if no transition is enabled..? Does this mean it won't work, the "fade" option if you have transitions enabled..? or something to do with the time , that being 2 seconds..or more..Sorry I'm french and trying to understand that part..
Anyways..Either way I will try a few things with the code and Sound ..in timed Event.

Maybe someone might find it before..:P

Peace~
mercedes
VIP

Postby pennsteve » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:12 pm

Do you have windows movie maker on your computer? You can put the music file in it a few times and split off some of it until you get the desired length, then save it to your computer. If you need it converted after you save it you can do that at media-convert.com.
pennsteve
Expert Member

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports