Playing Intro Video in First FRame

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Playing Intro Video in First FRame

Postby mercedes » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:03 am

Hi there..:)

I have been trying to play avideo in my first frame[intro video]...i have made a blank frame..--Actions tab..--Play a video...

It either appears in the top left corner when i use coordinats..like it appears small..the only way to get it to appear the size of the window..is to stretch it..and that looks crappy...I purposely used 800*600 frames..[Pictures for video] so that it would play nicely and th same size as frame..800*600..

I tried to play it in a hotspot as well......But it won't play at all in there...:?

Im not sure what to do..How do i play this so t hat it plays in a 800*600 frame..The extention is .avi

Also can i do this...Start the game with a video..by simply choosing it as its first frame..?..My game is set to run in a window..

Peace~
Many Thanks for any response~
mercedes
VIP

Postby MikeTn1 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:55 pm

Did you ever get the problem solved? I had the same problem..... can post what I did if anyone is interested.
MikeTn1

Postby CBSection31 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:36 pm

When you choose "Play a Video" in the Actions tab, choose the option to play the video "full screen". This should get what you want.

Also, what codec are you using for compression?
CBSection31
Code Master

Postby mercedes » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:19 am

Yes..It turns out the app i was using...only saved videos in 320*180*..something like that...a small resolution..

So it didn't matter what i imported frames as, or what coordinates I used in AM ect....It appeared small or awful looking in a bigger set rez in AM..:)

Hope that helps..:D
If the ap you use, saves in bigger resolutions..choose the biggest..like 640*480 or 800*600..if available..:)
mercedes
VIP

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports