Hotspot [send to bottom or top]

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Hotspot [send to bottom or top]

Postby mercedes » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:13 am

Hi there..

For some reason when u send a hotspot to the bottom..via right clicking...it changes the number of the hotspot...?? so it used to be hotspot(21) is now hotspot(1)..? Which then changes every other number..?

is there no way to avoid this...Especially with Gif's...my hotspots need to stay the number they are...as i have cloned many of them...and i have a Procedure in the global procedures..i can't change the number...then it screws it up for every other frame..:(

Please tell me theres a way around this..:(

Peace
mercedes
VIP

Postby Lyberodoggy » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:59 pm

No, there's no way to avoid... The hotspot index indicates its layer...
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:53 am

I figured this out...how frustrating..lol..trying to adjust all of those..

Just make sure you have all the ones..u think u might need to send to bottom or top.. either on there first...or last..--This applies to hotspots on top of each other of course..

So if its a gif..u need to send to top..put the bottom hotspot first..then gif on top of it..--no need to send gif to top then..

Thanks for response..:)
mercedes
VIP

Postby Netjera » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:44 am

I know this is old, but just in case anyone new needs it: What I do is put a waste variable into the VBScript tab of every hotspot. So my originaly Hotspot 1 would have Tag = 1 or something like that in the VBScript box.

I do this, because in some cases I might have 50 or more hotspots stacked, and the code in the hotspots must be run in a particular order, but the only way to "flip" through the hotspots to change stuff is to "reorganize" them vial "Send to Back.." etc.

It took me hours to figure out that all I was doing was flipping through the deck to make changes to the spots, and that using the feature to reorganize the hotspots permanently was a nightmare because the numbers never changed, just the hotspots in them. >.<

Now, I number the hotspots in the VBScript tab so that if I'm flipping through them, I can always get them back in the right order.
A woman on a mission - a budding artist looking for a place to take root, a builder looking for the right community - I'm looking for a home.
Netjera
Frequent Poster

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports