Text Moves When Going To Next Frame

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Text Moves When Going To Next Frame

Postby Ikonz101 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:46 pm

I have a item that on drag onto another item and a .gif animation appears on the tv screen (this works fine). But every time after that my score text moves a little to the right when I change frames (to go to the next room). It doesn't move unless I play the animated gif. I don't have the text plugin installed (parser plugin I believe its called). Does anyone know whatis causing this and how to fix it?

Thank You
Ikonz101

EDIT: Actually its not the animated .gif causing it. Its when I pick up a certain item then got to the next frame. That is when the text (on a merged frame) moves to the right. Other then that the text does not move.
Ikonz101
Frequent Poster

Postby reneuend » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:14 pm

I've never seen this issue, but you might try using Text(index).Move X,Y command in the new frame where it is shifting. Put the command in the Advanced Tab script window for the frame properties.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Re: Text Moves When Going To Next Frame

Postby mercedes » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:51 pm

EDIT: Actually its not the animated .gif causing it. Its when I pick up a certain item then got to the next frame. That is when the text (on a merged frame) moves to the right. Other then that the text does not move.

I think it might have to do with the merged frame...Sometimes, Animations will do so as well...As do transitions..or both used together..
mercedes
VIP

Postby Imari » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:59 pm

I'm not sure if this applies in your case or not, but if there is a space before the first letter of the first line of your text, it will jump when you move from one frame to the next. I don't have a clue why this is though.
Imari
VIP

Postby mercedes » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:05 pm

Imari wrote:I'm not sure if this applies in your case or not, but if there is a space before the first letter of the first line of your text, it will jump when you move from one frame to the next. I don't have a clue why this is though.

Yes, that's true too...I remember that now..
I've seen this happen with custom StartMenu frames..too..

When u write text if u use the Right-click method-make sure there isn't a space before the first letter..And if u write it with code..make sure there isn't space after first quotes..to the first letter..
Although I myself only noticed this when I used Right-click method...not sure of other way..:)..

I know it worked the same way too when others viewed the game..I've seen it where on my end the text was perfect..but on someone else's end..the text was crazy..overlapping..ect..I just get them to change the font..but didn't know that at first..was frustrating..lol..
mercedes
VIP

Postby Ikonz101 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:48 am

I tried all the techniques and it still does it. I tried the move text command and moves it up now. I got the right coordinates off the text it self. So I don't know what is causing this. There were no spaces in the code or text.

Ikonx101
Ikonz101
Frequent Poster

Postby mercedes » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:52 am

When u say "PickUp" do u mean drag an item...?--then go to the next frame and then on the next frame, you notice that the text is a little to the right..? Just making sure I understand it ...see if I can't duplicate it..

To make sure, you aren't using any transitions..either..? and it happens without the GIF animation..just by simply grabbing the item..then placing it..--Then it happens..-on the next frame..?
mercedes
VIP

Postby Ikonz101 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:22 am

When I PickUp the item it goes into the inventory and adds 100 points to the score. Then when I click on the arrow to the left it goes to another room (frame) and thats when the text messes up. I tried it without the .gif file and it still does it. I am not using transitions either. It could be that I use to have hotspots in that area before and deleted them. But I don't see why that would cause it since the hotspots are gone. I replaced the hotspots with the text.

Ikonz101
Ikonz101
Frequent Poster

Postby mercedes » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:33 am

Ok I was able to recreate it....
How i changed it..or how i noticed "why" it was doing it...was the font size...make sure both font size are set to 11-for now or whatever..
It's the size I chose..:)

When u hover over top of both text objects...see if they are the exact size..I noticed one was 12 and the other was 11.25...and I never set it...it did it auto...So I can only assume it did it for u too...here's hoping...:)

Setting it to 11, so you know...when u hover over it, it will say 11.25 automatically..
mercedes
VIP

Postby Ikonz101 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 am

I believe I found out what was causing it also. I was using the Custom Message plugin on certain items and those where the items causing it. So I removed the custom message plugin from each item and it works perfectly. Download the plugin and see if it does that for you as well. I have it when a item is picked up it displays a message you got 10 points or something. Then go to another frame and your text should be moved. Thank You for your help as well and I will check this out to see if that causes it as well.

Ikonz101
Ikonz101
Frequent Poster

Postby Lazypookzz » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:15 am

At the moment I have it with all my frames, when I go from one to another frame you see the frame go up a bit. really annoying.

I was looking in the project properties and saw I left some plugins turned on which I'm not using. When I turned off Sub Master 1.0 the problem dissapeared! When i turned it on again it happened again. Strange isn't it?
Lazypookzz
Frequent Poster

Postby Imari » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:10 pm

You know, a few months ago ShadowHunter said that he had a fix for some of the jumps. I think that they were first related to FX effects in Particle+, but he said that it might fix other "jumps" in AM. I think his plan is to add the fix into his next version of KeyGuard, but he's been busy at his job.
Imari
VIP

Postby Ikonz101 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:34 pm

Yeah the jump frames can be annoying at times. I believe I have fixed most of the issues with that. I will just have to use the default text (when it pops up at the bottom).

Ikonz101
Ikonz101
Frequent Poster

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports