Interesting Problem

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Interesting Problem

Postby GORDON » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:42 pm

The player is at Frame A & decides to go to inventory & put the magnifier on an item bringing up Frame B then finds he can click on a Frame B hotspot to reverse the item bringing up Frame C. After this he will exit Frame C but how do I get him back to Frame A which could be anywhere in the game without going to last Frame B then last Frame A ?
Thanks in advance!
GORDON
Advanced Member

Postby reneuend » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:44 pm

You do this with a variable if you don't want the user to use a magnifying glass again.

I just helped another AM developer with this same issue. You can see how I did it in a youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI1LiPKWETA

If you are just wanting the user to go to Frame A again then why not go to Frame A from Frame B instead of going to Frame C?
If you need Frame C, then you can send the user from Frame C to Frame A by changing the frame properties in Frame C to go to Frame A after a short period of time.
---

reneuend
Administrator

The Real Problem

Postby GORDON » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:28 pm

My problem is when the player clicks on Frame C you do not know where in the game he stopped to use Magnifier on the item which was two frames ago. This could have been at any time in the game.
GORDON
Advanced Member

Postby reneuend » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:34 pm

Here is what I would do.

I'd create a variable. call it "MagnifyingGlassLocation" and make it a variant.

When the user clicks on the magnifying glass and drags it to a hotspot, the first code should be to set the variable to the framename like this:

MagnifyingGlassLocation = action.getcurrentframename

Do this anywhere the user can use the magnifying glass. This will tell you where they last used it.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby mercedes » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:14 pm

Hi there..!~..:D

In the Magnifying glass...Make a variant variable called UsedMagnifier
In the Advanced TAB of the Magnifier..put

UsedMagnifier = Action.getcurrentframename--This way u are getting whichever frame u are at right then..[Like Renuend mentions]..

Then once u drag it..and the person is on FRAME C or whereever....and they click a hotspot ....In the Advanced of that hotspot put;

Action.GoToFrame UsedMagnifier---This will take them to the last frame u were at..when you first used the magnifier..:)

Or u can use MagnifierGlasslocation..whichever!~..doesn't matter the name..Just so long as u understand why u are creating it..Just make sure u make the variable a variant.

I hope that helps..!~ :D
mercedes
VIP

FRAME PROBLEMS

Postby GORDON » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:13 am

I finally found a way to do this.
Instead of going to Frame C, make a full picture hotspot of Frame C over Frame B which is only visible when the Frame B hotspot is clicked. Then when you exit the now visible Frame C hotspot, you will go to Frame A wherever you are.
GORDON
Advanced Member

Postby mercedes » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:34 am

Ya that's what i did too...I preferred it to be a hotspot...that they can close--anywhere..[X in the corner]Not a frame they go too...more effective..and less frames!..lol..But I used the same coding..:)
mercedes
VIP

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports