Using CreateTimedEvent GoToFrame in a hotspot

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Using CreateTimedEvent GoToFrame in a hotspot

Postby arienram » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:52 am

Hello everyone, just wanting to know why Adventure Maker throws an error when you try to do a CreateTimedEvent in conjunction with a GoToFame in a hotspot. It would be really handy to to be able to access this if the player clicked on the hotspot and you want a sound to play or some such before going o the next frame. I know that this works in the advance tab, (VBScipt) in the frame menu, but can't get it to fire at all in a hotspot. Is there something in the code preventing this? Not very good on codes I'm afraid, but would like some input on this to clear it up.
Thanks. Regards, arienram :?
I am interested in creating point and click games involving human themes and martial arts. In other words, action, adventure.
arienram

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:52 am

I think that the only problem with CreateTimedEvent and GoToFrame is in the Frame's advanced. Maybe there's a bug in your code? Does AM display an error? if yes, what error is that?
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

CreateTimedEvent in a hotspot

Postby arienram » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:06 pm

Hello Lyberodoggy, thanks for getting back to me on this issue. The error shown is Error executing script. When I read your answer, I loaded up AM and set the code back into the hotspot, to generate the error, and what do you know? It worked! I must have had a comma wrong or some such. Anyway, this is the code in the advanced tab of the hotspot (that now goes):
Action.CreateTimedEvent 2,"ActionGoToFrame""Arien Intro501"",1,1",False

I'll play around with a few more variations just to make sure I've got it right. Appreciate your help.
Regards, arienram :)
I am interested in creating point and click games involving human themes and martial arts. In other words, action, adventure.
arienram

Postby Lyberodoggy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:28 pm

glad you figured it out :)
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports