Save from other frame

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Save from other frame

Postby Victor » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:03 pm

Hi!
I'm creating a game without the standar "right click inventory": when the user right clicks, appears a frame "Menu" with Save and Load hotspots. I need to find a way to resume the game from a different frame instead the Last Visited. Set Resume Locations don't works cause the Save command is in the "Menu" frame.
Any solutions?
Victor

Postby Mystery » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:27 pm

I think that Lyberodoggy should be able to help you out with this question, hopefully he'll log in soon :)
Do you have certain "save points" from where the game should resume?
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby reneuend » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:34 am

I guess I should upload the plugin I made for this very idea. I'll have to forgo the demo game I was making for it....just haven't had time to do anything outside of work for a long time.

Give me a week or so to clean it up and I'll upload it.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Re: Save from other frame

Postby Lyberodoggy » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:26 pm

Victor wrote:Hi!
I'm creating a game without the standar "right click inventory": when the user right clicks, appears a frame "Menu" with Save and Load hotspots. I need to find a way to resume the game from a different frame instead the Last Visited. Set Resume Locations don't works cause the Save command is in the "Menu" frame.
Any solutions?

I 'd say you should wait for bob to post his plugin (as we all have :P And you guys juhu and Shadow should know that I 'm still waiting to take a glimpse at your plugins)
Still, if you want to see another solution, you should try reading this thread over here: http://www.adventuremaker.com/phpBB2/vi ... php?t=3741
Lyberodoggy
Administrator

Postby Victor » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:59 pm

Thank you Lyberodoggy! That works fine. Now I try to adapt your solution to my game. And thank you Reneuend, I wait for your plugin!
Victor

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports