I need some help...

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

I need some help...

Postby davdud101 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:33 pm

Hi, everyone. The project I need help on is here: http://igiki.com/games/am/74332407471208279453/.
I haven't been using Adventure Maker for long, and I can't figure out how to:
1) Speed up the framerate. This project I am working on requires instant frame to frame updates for smoothness, and the update are way too slow. How can I speed them up?

2) How do I get music to play in the game?

Thank you, everybody who helps.
"If life gives you lemons, squeeze the juice in someones eye." - Davdud101
davdud101

Postby Mystery » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:42 pm

Welcome to the forums davdud101 :)

I don't think that speeding up the framerate is an easy thing to do for javascript games created with AM.
You can of course use the timer to go to the next frame, and enter a small number there, however the loading time is very much dependent on the server. Remember the images need to load, which occurs on a fast server faster, and on a slow server slowly.
One thing I can think of as a workaround, would be that you create and add a non-looping animated GIF in a hotspot instead, and use a variable (if the player clicks on a specific other hotspot, the hotspot with the animated GIF is made visible).

At the time being sounds and music are not supported for games for iPhone/iPod Touch and HTML, I'm sorry.

You can check out the supported and non-supported features for different platforms in detail here:
http://www.adventuremaker.com/features_ ... _touch.htm
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby davdud101 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:29 pm

Thanks, that really helped. I'll continue working on this game, and hopefully this information will make it a good one. Oh, I have another question: Is it possible to port HTML to, perhaps, .dmg or .ipa?
"If life gives you lemons, squeeze the juice in someones eye." - Davdud101
davdud101

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports