problem with save game and Hide menu

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

problem with save game and Hide menu

Postby Giuseppe » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:02 am

Hi
Sorry my english.
I created a personal men?
when i click about "save game", don't save last visited frame but the curent frame. I must put vbs script?

Another question: in the project properties i enable "right click opens the inventory whit access to the menus", but i would like it apper in the particular frame, i used in the frame properties th first frame: Action.HideMenu but don't work, icon men? appear.

Tanks
Giuseppe
Frequent Poster

Postby JasonMc » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:05 pm

Hi, Giuseppe!

In regards to your first question, I think what you're looking to do is set up your program to save from a different frame than where you clicked the "Save Game" button. Is this correct?

If so, this is quite simple. On the Project Menu, click "Set Resume Locations..." (which is among the blue links on the bottom half of the tool box). Here, you can set the frame at which a player will resume the game when they save at a given frame.

Whatever changes you make to the inventory in the "project properties..." dialog will affect the inventory for the entire project. As for Action.HideMenu, that relates to the menu at the top of the screen.

While you can have the inventory hidden initially when the user goes to a page, if you have the "right click opens inventory" selected, then they will always be able to access it.

If you unselect this option (which I would recommend), there are two ways you can have the menu show up only when the user wants it, AND only on certain pages.

The first method is quite simple: When the inventory is set to "drop-down", all you have to do is use the "Action.HideInventoryButton" function on the frame properties of each page that you want it hidden on, and the "Action.ShowInventoryButton" function on the frame properties of the next frame after the frames that you want it hidden on.

The second method (and the one I prefer personally) is to set the inventory to "static" on the project properties panel (under Inventory). Then, you will use the following scripts on the Frame Properties, the same as you would use the previous functions.

To hide a static inventory:
Code: Select all
InventoryCanvasObject.visible=false
InventoryBackgroundObject.visible=false
For Each x in inventoryobject
x.visible=false
Next

To show a static inventory:
InventoryBackgroundObject.visible=true
x.visible=true
Next

I'm sure there would be some way you could program ShadowHunter's "KeyGuard" plugin to do something similar with a right click, but as I'm only learning that lovely plugin myself, I doubt I'd be the best person to explain it at the moment.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, or if I misunderstood something, feel free to ask. :)
-Jason McDonald
Manager, Programmer
MousePaw Games

--
PocketWatch 1.0 Plugin now available in the Plugins Corner!
JasonMc

Postby Giuseppe » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:31 pm

JasonMc wrote:Hi, Giuseppe!

In regards to your first question, I think what you're looking to do is set up your program to save from a different frame than where you clicked the "Save Game" button. Is this correct?

If so, this is quite simple. On the Project Menu, click "Set Resume Locations..." (which is among the blue links on the bottom half of the tool box). Here, you can set the frame at which a player will resume the game when they save at a given frame.

Whatever changes you make to the inventory in the "project properties..." dialog will affect the inventory for the entire project. As for Action.HideMenu, that relates to the menu at the top of the screen.

While you can have the inventory hidden initially when the user goes to a page, if you have the "right click opens inventory" selected, then they will always be able to access it.

If you unselect this option (which I would recommend), there are two ways you can have the menu show up only when the user wants it, AND only on certain pages.

The first method is quite simple: When the inventory is set to "drop-down", all you have to do is use the "Action.HideInventoryButton" function on the frame properties of each page that you want it hidden on, and the "Action.ShowInventoryButton" function on the frame properties of the next frame after the frames that you want it hidden on.

The second method (and the one I prefer personally) is to set the inventory to "static" on the project properties panel (under Inventory). Then, you will use the following scripts on the Frame Properties, the same as you would use the previous functions.

To hide a static inventory:
InventoryCanvasObject.visible=false
InventoryBackgroundObject.visible=false
x.visible=false
Next

To show a static inventory:
InventoryBackgroundObject.visible=true
x.visible=true
Next

I'm sure there would be some way you could program ShadowHunter's "KeyGuard" plugin to do something similar with a right click, but as I'm only learning that lovely plugin myself, I doubt I'd be the best person to explain it at the moment.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, or if I misunderstood something, feel free to ask. :)

No..
ok
i play a game, i click a hotspot and go to the personalized men?, click hotspot "savegame", popup appear, insert description e when i click "load game" don't load the position where i interrupted my game but load the men? picture when i've clicked for save game.
Sorry my english..I will post picture if you ubderstand.
Giuseppe
Frequent Poster

Postby JasonMc » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:28 pm

Hmm, yeah, a screenshot would be helpful. Hopefully one of the senior techs will also pop in here...
-Jason McDonald
Manager, Programmer
MousePaw Games

--
PocketWatch 1.0 Plugin now available in the Plugins Corner!
JasonMc

Postby Giuseppe » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:12 pm

JasonMc wrote:Hmm, yeah, a screenshot would be helpful. Hopefully one of the senior techs will also pop in here...

ok

picture in game
click "exit" for men? and I want save this point

Men? Save
Click Save and write name "1" example
Exit the game.

Return at the game and click Load
choose "1" but the game go in "Men? Save"
dont' load "picture in game"
Giuseppe
Frequent Poster

Postby juhuwoorps » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:46 pm

Create a variant variable called " last_frame"
Got to project properties/advanced and check "Execute some VB script code every time a frame is loaded.In the textbox that appears type foolowing code:

last_frame=GetCurrentFrameName

Then check "Execute some VBscript code when the project starts or a savegame is loaded".Type in the textbox:
Action.GoToFrame last_frame

Make sure that last_frame is set to your starting frame when the game starts!

Hope that helps
Last edited by juhuwoorps on Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby Giuseppe » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:05 pm

juhuwoorps wrote:Create a variant variable called " last_frame"
Got to frame properties/advanced and check "Execute some VB script code every time a frame is loaded.In the textbox that appears type foolowing code:

last_frame=GetCurrentFrameName

Then check "Execute some VBscript code when the project starts or a savegame is loaded".Type in the textbox:

Make sure that last_frame is set to your starting frame when the game starts!

Hope that helps

Dont' work
Project properties, not frame properties.

"Make sure that last_frame is set to your starting frame when the game starts!"

"last_frame" in the first frame? and where i must put it?
Giuseppe
Frequent Poster

Postby juhuwoorps » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:18 pm

I don't think you rally need it.Test it out.
If you start a new game and the game starts at your first frame, all is ok.
If not you have to change the code in this code:

into this
if last_frame<>"here the name of your starting screen" then
else
Action.GoToFrame "here the name of your starting screen"
end if

I have edited my first post into project properties instead of frame properties.Sorry for this.
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby Giuseppe » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:41 pm

sorry but I do not understand.
I just want to save the point where I stop the game and when I load the game to resume from that point. Instead save the menu, not the game screen where I must return.
Giuseppe
Frequent Poster

Postby juhuwoorps » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:22 pm

If you have made it like i said it should work so.
If you want you can send me your project and I'll have a look
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby Giuseppe » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:32 pm

juhuwoorps wrote:If you have made it like i said it should work so.
If you want you can send me your project and I'll have a look

ok i link you the download in mp
Giuseppe
Frequent Poster

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports