Win7 Hotspot with looping video cant be moved or hidden

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

Win7 Hotspot with looping video cant be moved or hidden

Postby reneuend » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:57 am

I don't know if this is just related to windows7, but when I try to hide or move a hotspot with a looping video, it ignores the code.

From Frame Properties:

First, I tried to disable and hide the hotspot:
Hotspot(1).enabled = false
Hotspot(1).visible = false

Second, I tried moving the video outside the viewable area:
Hotspot(1).move 10000 * 15, 10000 * 15

Any ideas why this is and how to make this work?
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby juhuwoorps » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:25 am

Have you tried this to move the video?

Code: Select all
Component("MediaPlayer1").top=100*15
Component("MediaPlayer1").left=100*15
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby reneuend » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:33 am

Thanks for the repy, Juhu!

I just tried that but got a couple errors. Mediaplayer1 not found and Component missing or something to that affect.

I have 5 hotspots each with looping videos and all on one frame. If I want to remove one of these hotspots when an item is dragged to it, how do I do it?

Disabling, Hiding, Moving the hotspot isn't working. :cry:
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby juhuwoorps » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:34 am

What happens if you first stop the video and then try to move the HS?
juhuwoorps
Code Master

Postby reneuend » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:43 am

I don't know how to stop a video in a hotspot. It wasn't started with a channel number.

I found that I couldn't do it with a static image either. If I drag an item from the inventory on a hotspot with just an image, I get my popup message, but: hotspot(2).visible = false is totally ignored.

(edit) but with the static image I can move the hotspot. any ideas on how to stop a video in a hotspot?

(edit) If I don't use the inventory, but use the checkbox on the hotspot to "hide it permanently", it works.
If I don't use the checkbox, but use Advanced and use VB code. It doesn't work!!!!

hotspot(1).visible = false
hotspot(1).enabled = false

Ultimately, I need to do this from the inventory. Obviously, if its possible to check the box to hide it from the hotspot, then the same code should work when dragging from the inventory to the hotspot. GM? Can you fix this? Pleeeeassse!

I can't find an alternate way around this issue! Waaaaa!

(edit) In the interest of getting this project done, I've made my hotspots static and used the hotspot.move method. The"enabled" and "visible" methods didn't work with inventory drag to hotspot.

Hopefully, someday these issues will be addressed.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Postby GM-Support » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:55 am

Thanks for reporting the issue. I'm going to inquire asap.
GM-Support
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby reneuend » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:55 pm

Thank you GM! Very much appreciated. :D
Let me know if you need any additional information.

(update) I ran a clean test with a static image and a video in a hotspot. Dragging inventory item to either of these with the code set with:
hotspot(x).visible = false
hotspot(x).enabled = false
'where x is the hotspot index value that the inventory item was dragged too.

It failed the test.

I'm running Windows7 64bit.
I made sure no other applications were running and I did a reboot before testing to make sure no background processes or leftover resources were causing issues.

I haven't tested this on XP as I don't have AM loaded on XP.
---

reneuend
Administrator

Re: Win7 Hotspot with looping video cant be moved or hidden

Postby Stitches » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:26 am

Request help, GM...
I have reinstalled my AM and set up properly and am still getting the same errors. I did a full reg swipe and everything, but when it comes to trying to install the third person plugin V2, it seems to be there in the list but when starting a frame, as I said before, it crashes. The error 0.80004005 when I ty to register the plugin via regsvr32.exe in command prompt. And when launching game test (a simple connected hotpot circle for test of path constraint which is reason for installing) it says the component is missing, then cannot find component thirdpersonV2.
Any advice. I'm on win 7, am automatically installed in program files(x86) and the plugin is in the shared folder and copied to the main folders plugins too just in case... when problem sorted I think I have to put them into root folder also when compiling game right?
Pleeeeeease help. :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/MaynardStaly/videos and http://libertycap.webs.com
“With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he’ll never know.”
Stitches

Postby Stitches » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:34 am

EDIT! I made it work! just now... I copied the third person plugin to the syswow64 folder and registered it that way and bingo. Though I wonder if this will present any problem s when it comes to game compiling. Was this right? Can I be sure when I make my game now it's now gonna go mental? Also if you'd like me to write out a mini tutorial for total noobs like myself I'd be happy. Something to get more people into their projects quicker if it would help? My game had to be restarted so gonna be a bit now I'm a month behind and have to get back to animating quickly, but I wanna contribute in what way I can. Apologies for the emails again, my head has been scrambled with personal crap for the last few weeks and I just haven't been myself- very reactionary. Thanks for your patience, lemme know if I've got this right would you? :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/MaynardStaly/videos and http://libertycap.webs.com
“With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he’ll never know.”
Stitches

Postby reneuend » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:14 pm

When it compiles, it won't be using the same directory structure, but putting everything in it's own folder system. I'm quite sure it will work just fine. To be sure, create a small project and compile it, then test it.

I'm happy you have it working!!!
---

reneuend
Administrator

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports