AM & windows users

This forum is meant for requesting technical support or reporting bugs.

Moderators: time-killer-games, Vengeance66, Candle, reneuend, GM-Support

AM & windows users

Postby Adpist » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:18 pm

Hi there !

I'm a teacher at a french school named creajeux, and we're having troubles to upgrade from free version to full version.

I explain our context shortly : We are using adventure maker to realize a point'n'click game and now we need to use full edition. The problem is that students aren't admins, so they can't upgrade to full edition ( can't write in C:/ProgramFiles ).

We are able to activate full edition for admin users, but if we upgrade to full with an admin user, adventure maker doesn't launch anymore, except on the upgrader's session user.

I wonder if it is possible to allow non-admin users to use a full version upgraded by an admin user ?

thanks a lot !
Adpist

Postby time-killer-games » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:09 pm

I could be wrong but I think the only way for this to work is to upgrade on the nonadministrative acount instead of the admin acount, and then enable the nonadmin acounts the ability to add files to C:\Program Files, using your admin password.

However, knowing some rude students, me being a responsible student in highschool, they'll probably mess with stuff in the system folder and ruin your comupters, so I don't know what to suggest unless you can really trust your students.
time-killer-games
Expert Member

Postby Mystery » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:03 pm

Have you tried to change some permissions to write for Adventure Maker for non-admin users?
I'm not quite sure (and would have to test it out, too) which "components" and folders would have to be set to write permission to make it work.
Mystery
Forum Admin and Games Page admin

Postby Candle » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:19 pm

You don't say what windows you are using?
Please don't PM me questions, ask here in the forums!
``````````````
Between grand theft and a legal fee, there only stands a law degree.
Candle
Administrator

Postby Adpist » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:49 pm

Thanks for your answers.

We'll try what you've said, and i'll come back to resume our situation.

BTW, we are using Windows XP on concerned computers.

Colin

EDIT :

As we havn't found other solutions, we have choosen to give admin access to the students. Working fine now, but AM full edition works only with the session which activated AM full edition.
Adpist

Return to Adventure Maker Technical Support and Bug Reports